TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Like Tree136Likes

TLR 22T 4.0 Race Kit: 1/10 2WD Stadium Truck

Old 12-26-2017, 11:43 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Talking Exceeded my expectations

Took the truck out today for its first outing after work for some open practice. Started with JR's setup off of the TLR blog page. Things I added were the aluminum pivot, aluminum front camber block and aluminum servo mounts with a full size servo mounted behind the servo mounts. I was very impressed right off the start even without broken in tires, immediately the truck felt very good and within about 5 laps I was starting to click off some good laps, did a few more laps then checked the diff and tightened it up after it broke in some. Ran about 5 packs tonight and it was also my first time using the Orion HMX esc which felt really good as well. Didn't change anything on the truck just played with the drag brake and brake strength through the HMX app to get the brakes to my liking. Im running a 5.5T orion motor with a 4500 Orion pack but feel i can try the slim 3800 Orion pack since i got a lot of run time out of the larger pack. I did have a mishap with a rear ball cup, it broke as I landed the truck a little sideways setting up for the next corner but I had a feeling this would happen and had some lightly used older HD ball cups in my box that do not have the hole in them, I put those on the rear of the truck and didn't have a problem after that and left the kit ones up front. Can't wait to race this truck, I feel its in a league of its own. The amount of corner speed it has and stability is incredible. Coming off of our straight away and into a sharp chicane left me with a smile that stayed on my face for the rest of the track. It really is a treat to drive this truck, and I hope everyone has a very positive experience like I did tonight.
kjohnsiii likes this.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
You are probably right. I already moved my shocks to the front on my 3.0. Just flipped the arms from left to right and vice Versa. Spaced the shocks forward and geometry looks good. But the pressure is still behind axel like you mentioned with the tower. I like the idea of the lower COG with the shorter shocks so I will probably order the 4.0 rear tower and shocks to try. Gonna see how she handles with the shocks in front next week first before I do. I think the 4.0 full set up will really benefit carpet/turf and hoping my pseudo 4.0 rear end will suffice on clay. Time will tell. Will keep you updated.
I've ran my 4.0 on turf, and I've been really, really happy with how it's handled (laydown and shocks forward).
Old 12-27-2017, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Does anyone know if there are anybody make a chassis proctector for 22t 4.0?
Old 12-27-2017, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigb11
I dont know of any and I doubt there is any.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigb11
I haven't seen one but the 3.0 has to be pretty darn close. The 4.0 is only 2mm longer. I would think it should fit pretty well.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WallyRC
I haven't seen one but the 3.0 has to be pretty darn close. The 4.0 is only 2mm longer. I would think it should fit pretty well.
My track requires a chassis protector, so I had to install one. I ended up putting the 3.0 tape on my 4.0, and it fit pretty well. I'll take a pic when I get home. The length is nearly perfect, it's the side (where the front starts to angle inwards) that is a few mm short on either side. It's not a bad fit, but I'll be replacing it the moment I see a 4.0 for sale.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kaistas
My track requires a chassis protector, so I had to install one. I ended up putting the 3.0 tape on my 4.0, and it fit pretty well. I'll take a pic when I get home. The length is nearly perfect, it's the side (where the front starts to angle inwards) that is a few mm short on either side. It's not a bad fit, but I'll be replacing it the moment I see a 4.0 for sale.
Glad the 3.0 fit well enough. Thx for info!!
Old 12-29-2017, 07:47 AM
mes
Tech Elite

First run of my truck today, unfortunately not very long. Running the diff high with +3.5 rear huband HRC parts, I had the same issues with the driveshafts/outdrives as kaistas, but as others got away with it and I had reduced shock travel to 32 mm, I gave it a try. The result looks as follows:

After returnung home, I found that adding one 0.5 mm shim on each side and screwing in the shock ball cups will do the trick. Maybe TLR will add some spacers similar to those my 22 3.0 had as a running change. Although the damaged outdrive is an annoyance, I am confident that this is the truck I have been waiting for. Every change I made made it quicker and I think I am almost there. Can't wait to drive it again - for more than half a pack.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
First run of my truck today, unfortunately not very long. Running the diff high with +3.5 rear huband HRC parts, I had the same issues with the driveshafts/outdrives as kaistas, but as others got away with it and I had reduced shock travel to 32 mm, I gave it a try. The result looks as follows:

After returnung home, I found that adding one 0.5 mm shim on each side and screwing in the shock ball cups will do the trick. Maybe TLR will add some spacers similar to those my 22 3.0 had as a running change. Although the damaged outdrive is an annoyance, I am confident that this is the truck I have been waiting for. Every change I made made it quicker and I think I am almost there. Can't wait to drive it again - for more than half a pack.
94mm bones from a 22t 2.0 fixed the problem for me.
mes and kaistas like this.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mes

This makes me nervous to run my 4.0 until I can get the longer shafts in.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:53 AM
mes
Tech Elite

I am positive you'll be ok by adding 0.4 mm to 0.6 mm shims on each side and shortening your rear shocks a little; I doubt there is enough space for the drive pin if you add more than that. On my truck, it looks like the damaged outdrive might even work with 0.5 mm added on each side, but of course I'll replace it before my next run.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:14 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My bones are close to the edge of the out drives but i have not had any issues. Also running a ball diff. Was thinking about possibly shimming the drivesahft out further from the hub but that will change some handling characteristics which might not be for the good. The longer driveshaft will as well but it might be a more positive change. This is the first i have heard of someone having an issue as well. Did you doable check that everything was assembled properly?
Old 12-29-2017, 04:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tazz888
94mm bones from a 22t 2.0 fixed the problem for me.
That's a significant expense to fix a design problem. Am I being unreasonable to think that the company should be providing something?
Old 12-29-2017, 08:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Which of these gear diffs are you using?

TLR332067 - Team Losi Racing Complete 2wd GEAR DIFF, Aluminum: ALL 22
LOSA2954 - Losi Gear Differential, Complete: 22RTR

I'm wondering if they both fit, and you're choosing your price point, or if they're different dimensions.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff_S
Which of these gear diffs are you using?

TLR332067 - Team Losi Racing Complete 2wd GEAR DIFF, Aluminum: ALL 22
LOSA2954 - Losi Gear Differential, Complete: 22RTR

I'm wondering if they both fit, and you're choosing your price point, or if they're different dimensions.
Neither I'm using a serpent srx2 diff that is shimmed to fit the tranny case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.