Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
HB Racing D418 - 1/10 4WD Buggy >

HB Racing D418 - 1/10 4WD Buggy

Like Tree156Likes

HB Racing D418 - 1/10 4WD Buggy

Reply

Old 03-27-2019, 10:19 PM
  #391  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: auburn
Posts: 292
Default

bump.
slasn_48 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:42 PM
  #392  
mes
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,526
Default

Is it just me or are the updates that have been tested for a while trickling very slowly into production? The weekend before last I had the opportunity to watch a couple of D418s, and while Marcel Schneider took the win in mod with his HB car, it seemed to me that weight transfer was excessive. Using 2K oil in your front shocks to tame the car down just does not seem right... What happened to those suspension mounts David Ronnefalk used at various races? I am not feeling guilty to lean towards the B74, I must admit.
mes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:05 PM
  #393  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (45)
 
Cameron Kellogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,773
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mes View Post
Is it just me or are the updates that have been tested for a while trickling very slowly into production? The weekend before last I had the opportunity to watch a couple of D418s, and while Marcel Schneider took the win in mod with his HB car, it seemed to me that weight transfer was excessive. Using 2K oil in your front shocks to tame the car down just does not seem right... What happened to those suspension mounts David Ronnefalk used at various races? I am not feeling guilty to lean towards the B74, I must admit.
I agree it seems they hold updates too long. 2w buggy has been 3 years... d418 was 5 years. Slipper clutch for the 4w forever... list goes on. We need options to be successful on the track. I have turned several people to try HB in my area just racing the 4w class. I do wish they had Pro driver in America again to show the cars true potential.
Jumbo_Jaque likes this.
Cameron Kellogg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:52 AM
  #394  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
bighurt98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 505
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Outdoor setups for D418.

Any good setups for medium grip tracks, little dusty, with good grove?

Some say base setup pretty good also.
bighurt98 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:46 PM
  #395  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 104
Default

Originally Posted by bighurt98 View Post
Any good setups for medium grip tracks, little dusty, with good grove?

Some say base setup pretty good also.
I've used the base setup for medium-loose grip, and it's worked fairly well for me. The only changes I've made are with the diff weights and stiffer springs/oils. Went with 7/80/5 in the diffs (F/C/R) (recommended from another person in this forum), and that seemed to work well when grip is low. More steering and a bit smoother through corners off-power. Went with stiffer springs as I was bottoming out a lot with kit springs, and also needing to dial in quite a bit of pre-load to get the ride height set.
Jumbo_Jaque is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:57 AM
  #396  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 163
Default

Originally Posted by VulvaS40T4 View Post




This is final good low grip indoor setup for d418. Cannot get it more better than this.
can you post your setup sheet for outdoor Astro? Thanks mate.
BD1541 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:05 PM
  #397  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (45)
 
Cameron Kellogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,773
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Anyone cut the outside holes of your towers off so the have a less chance to break. I have seen the rear towers break and the front towers are so wide its only a matter if time. Most every set up I have seen no one uses the outter two holes on both towers. Recent picture of David's car looks like he has done this on the towers he is running.
Cameron Kellogg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:15 AM
  #398  
Tech Master
iTrader: (32)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,458
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg View Post
Anyone cut the outside holes of your towers off so the have a less chance to break. I have seen the rear towers break and the front towers are so wide its only a matter if time. Most every set up I have seen no one uses the outter two holes on both towers. Recent picture of David's car looks like he has done this on the towers he is running.
I did cut front tower and left two holes and i flip rear shock towers
raved007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:46 AM
  #399  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 45
Default

Had earlier Hobbywing G3 V10 6.5T motor in my D418 and it even on slippery tracks required 10degree boost timing to go fast enough. Now new 5.5t orion ultimate mod goes better even without boost. Cannot wait to test this motor on our outdoor astroturf track in next month.
So smooth and so much power. 23/70 gearing on 6.5t and 21/70 gearing on 5.5t both with slipper.
VulvaS40T4 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:41 AM
  #400  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (45)
 
Cameron Kellogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,773
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Anyone notice David's car has a new longer aluminum block on the front of his car? Maybe a dot4 block? Anyone have the skills to make a batch of these? I can see how they would help on carpet.
Cameron Kellogg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:32 PM
  #401  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
gticlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,100
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg View Post
Anyone notice David's car has a new longer aluminum block on the front of his car? Maybe a dot4 block? Anyone have the skills to make a batch of these? I can see how they would help on carpet.
Will you post the picture you saw?
Cameron Kellogg likes this.
gticlay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:00 PM
  #402  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (45)
 
Cameron Kellogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,773
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Picture zoomed in to show the new front block. No telling when HB would release this, but I want a pair.

Cameron Kellogg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:21 PM
  #403  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 410
Default 13.5 modifications

Does anyone know if there are any plastic gears that fit in the diffs? I know HB has made them for the Pro 5 and TCXX, just unsure if they will fit.
avink007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:13 AM
  #404  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 45
Default

Heres my fine tuned astroturf setup for D418. Easy to drive and fast.


Jumbo_Jaque likes this.

Last edited by VulvaS40T4; 04-24-2019 at 02:51 AM.
VulvaS40T4 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:00 AM
  #405  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 5
Questions?? Hinge pin mounts

I did a quick search but I couldn't find an explanation for the hinge pin mount options. I see on the setup sheets that the same degree of kickup can show up multiple times with the different combinations. Can someone explain why I would use two of the one dot carriers vs two of the three dot carriers? Both would get me 10 degrees of kickup correct?
texag84 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service