R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 02-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #91
Tech Elite

It looks competative to me, only I don't like the steering assemble and the battery is set in the center. Maybe it was better to use the configuration of the TB IV evo. It would be easier to work on, just like the Kysoho buggy.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

You just might be onto something there Serzoni, you can see some type of pivot looking thing just below/in front of the battery pack. The only problem with that is that the pivot is on the bottom, so the steering link would have to be removed to pivot it down. Unless of course the battery door is hinged at the front and swings out to the bottom, which I can now see as being the most logical.
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #93
Tech Regular

Not sure if the pics have already been posted but here are some shots from germany show on the tamiya 4wd buggy.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP: New Tamiya Competition 4wd-nurnberg03020611.jpg   SCOOP: New Tamiya Competition 4wd-nurnberg03020623.jpg  
viper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #94
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Looks like the TRF version (If one was to be produced) will be the hot ticket. There is way too much plastic for that buggy to be stiff and competitive.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:30 PM   #95
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think the buggy looks cooler than I expected even in its "plastic" form, it also seems balanced and centered, can't wait to see the "CF+Alloy" tho~~~~
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #96
Tech Rookie

do any of you guy's think that this can also be the base for a touring car
for example maybe tb03
zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:35 PM   #97
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to sim600

Whoa, somebody re-arranged the Boomerang! Heh. JK.

Personally, I don't like the design. It looks like it would make a decent 2wd buggy if you took out some of the parts and threw them in the bin.

It's different for sure, but I think they sacrificed too much to get that battery into the middle. There will be extra gears in the gearbox to keep the shaft that high. If the battery is mounted from the bottom either the front or rear of the chassis will have too little material and be a weak spot. If it's top mounted... I don't see how, without being in danger of shorting out your side-by-side packs. In fact, the rounded corners of the battery compartment looks like it will only allow stick packs. Of course, we're all just guessing from the pictures, but I'll have to say that this buggy either has a weak chassis or is a real beast to work on, and either way, it'll definitely not be winning any awards for drivetrain efficiency.

Maybe in 2007, this buggy will join or replace the DF-02 as the official chassis of the Tamiya Championship Series buggy class.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:29 AM   #98
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin
do any of you guy's think that this can also be the base for a touring car
for example maybe tb03
I doubt it. It looks too heavy to be used as a touring car. Then again, who knows...it may lead to a first look at a TT-02. The DF-02 chassis has many similiar characteristics with the TT-01.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:29 AM   #99
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to fabolousRC Send a message via Yahoo to fabolousRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serzoni
Why is everyone harping about the electronics layout?? HELLO! XX4, anyone? The servo was/is mounted standing up towards the rear of the car with a long tie-rod linked to the bellcranks. And the esc/rx being stood up? Well, at least the receiver isn't mounted up high on the spine of the chassis like like some other car. I wouldn't bother with a low-profile steering servo, as you would actually raise the center of gravity. A low profile servo would only raise the position of the servo motor/pot in the chassis relative to using a standard servo.

Freaking internet engineers...
Well, if you lower the mount as well then it would lower the center of gravity right? Plus you cut down the weight too. Internet engineers my ars!

If you look at the shadown between the servo saver's ball joint and the skeleton of the battery bay, you do see that there is SIGNIFICANT GAP where you can lower the servo position, reverse the ball joint mounting which in turn lower the center of gravity along with a new servo saver (kimborough or whatever's out there that's better than stock slushy tamiya saver).

I did carefully examine the picture before making a comment you stupid idiot!
fabolousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:52 AM   #100
Tech Adept

maybe the servo can't be lowered becouse it touch on the chassis .........using a shorter servo (like some futaba....) would help to do this.........but i think that the weight in this car is very nice balanced and i like it more than a perfect CG servo design.....i can't wait for a TRF version of this ....and if they will not make a pro version i hope in some aftermarket hop-up ......also i hope for a slipper under the trasmission cover......
sorry for my bad eng :-)
capellone24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:59 AM   #101
Tech Fanatic

I see.

I also think that center body mount is neat. It is both body mount and antenna mount for receivers antenna wire that does not need a lot length to operate.

Nice touch, Tamiya!
Old 02-07-2006, 08:27 AM   #102
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabolousRC
If you look at the shadown between the servo saver's ball joint and the skeleton of the battery bay, you do see that there is SIGNIFICANT GAP where you can lower the servo position, reverse the ball joint mounting which in turn lower the center of gravity along with a new servo saver (kimborough or whatever's out there that's better than stock slushy tamiya saver).

I did carefully examine the picture before making a comment you stupid idiot!

Hey asshat, maybe you should look at the picture yourself. See the area under the servosaver? Oh look! There's a balljoint there. There isn't enough of a gap there unless you move the balljoint to the top of the servo saver. Even then, if you could honestly feel the difference in handling from lowering the steering servo 1/8-3/16", then you should really be looking at another car.

Take that, poopy head.

Calm down. It's just a toy car.
Serzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:04 AM   #103
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Hey asshat, maybe you should look at the picture yourself. See the area under the servosaver? Oh look! There's a balljoint there. There isn't enough of a gap there unless you move the balljoint to the top of the servo saver. Even then, if you could honestly feel the difference in handling from lowering the steering servo 1/8-3/16", then you should really be looking at another car.

Take that, poopy head.

Calm down. It's just a toy car.
Ugh...(still an) idiot, you have to RE-READ my comment again.

Thanks.

That's all.

(so much for calling someone internet engineers)
Old 02-07-2006, 10:15 AM   #104
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Even then, if you could honestly feel the difference in handling from lowering the steering servo 1/8-3/16", then you should really be looking at another car.

Serzoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #105
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Wow, I really hope it wasn't my arguing earlier that set all of this animosity off. I double that apology from earlier.

I think I/you/we are frustrated that despite Tamiya's competitive resources (that they display in the TC market) they are still falling short of the mark we would like them to hit in the competitive 4wd market. There are more good choices out there in 4wd right now than I can remember in the last 20 years. Maybe too many. The more players there are the smaller the pieces of the pie get until a top car pushes others out of the market like Losi did with the XX4 and later the XXX4. I wonder if Tamiya is reluctant to flex their muscle on the competitive 4wd market for fear of a small return.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote