Like Tree3Likes

Yz2 or b6

Old 10-19-2017, 03:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Yz2 or b6

Help I am torn between the two. Does anyone have any experience of driving and owning both that they would like to share. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
Old 10-19-2017, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcadict21
Help I am torn between the two. Does anyone have any experience of driving and owning both that they would like to share. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks
If your new to the hobby def go with the b6, setup parts availability will be a lot easier to get. Also check your local track to see if anyone drives the yz2. Last thing you want to do is be the only guy there with the car.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
If your new to the hobby def go with the b6, setup parts availability will be a lot easier to get. Also check your local track to see if anyone drives the yz2. Last thing you want to do is be the only guy there with the car.
have you driven both?
Old 10-19-2017, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have both, I'm just a average racer but for me the yz-2 Dtm was much easier to drive fast. My lap times were faster with the yokomo and three other racers at the track ordered one after driving mine. The B6 was really good but the yokomo is just a littlt better. Other people are right about parts support and setup advice, much better with the B6
Old 10-19-2017, 07:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sgtlt
I have both, I'm just a average racer but for me the yz-2 Dtm was much easier to drive fast. My lap times were faster with the yokomo and three other racers at the track ordered one after driving mine. The B6 was really good but the yokomo is just a littlt better. Other people are right about parts support and setup advice, much better with the B6
that's interesting thank you for your feedback. I'm less concerned about parts support more about how they both drive
Old 10-19-2017, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcadict21
have you driven both?
Yes Both are good cars and in the right hands are winning cars. As always it comes down to setup and the driver. Personally I prefer the associated car. At our local track it’s dominated by Associated and Xray cars with a few driving the TLR car so it’s nice to be able to ask questions and get feedback on setup with the other guys.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

I always went against the grain and drove cars the hobby shopndidntnstock(Kyosho) so I had to have my on mobile hobby shop with me. I have the yokomo, and again I’m in the same boat with parts.. makes the hobby way more expensive when the shop doesn’t carry your car parts.. never had the b6 but the yoke is really nice only needs aluminum rack and some weight.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:06 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What surface are you running on?
Old 10-19-2017, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

I’ve had both. Running on high bite/medium bite clay, the Yokomo is Easier to drive hard. AE parts support is good, when stuff is in stock, but when it goes out, it’s out for a long time. Plus box stock AE shocks are atrocious. My 64D only got decent after I bought kash9ma shock bodies, machines internals, and machined pistons. All of that is in the box with the Yokomo. I only added the 30 gram YZ-2 CA plate and my car in mod or stock is great. And now that we have maifield doing setups as a base, the car is better then ever. I’m lucky that my tracks carry Yokomo, so that’s not an issue, but I haven’t broken anything on it. Can’t say the same for the B6 I had, towers were made of the cheapest carbon fiber I have ever seen, and folded over like paper more then once.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:59 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm thinking this hobby is probably too expensive for many to stand on ethical issues, but when a Goliath in the industry is mainly copying designs from others, it truly speaks to their standards, and practices.

I've been driving Yokomo, and Mugen for a while now, I'd much rather drive an original than a cheap copy. There is a reason the B6 is a good model, it was sourced from a leader in the industry, I'd rather support the innovator.

Jay
Old 10-20-2017, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

+1 on the above post. I have a Yokomo YZ-2 and an Associated B5 rear motor. The Yokomo is Better quality and does nor develop as much slop. That said I think you should choose between a Yokomo and an X-ray....
Old 10-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Too many hop ups w/ associated, Yes I know you don't have to have them. I like x-ray because there is few hop ups, just tuning aids. I also like a quality vehicle that does not need shims everywhere and lots of them. I just ordered the xb2 hybrid for this reason. I've never owned a yokomo but they have the same rep. as x-ray. Yok/X-ray may cost more upfront but in the long run they are cheaper and more enjoyable to run.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I raced the original yz-2 for over 100 races when it first came out . It was the best r/c I have ever owned ! I switched to the b6 last year and could never get the steering as good as the yz-2 and the hop-ups needed for the b6 are a mile long .
Old 10-20-2017, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you read the B6 thread it's crazy how many "tuning options" there are. Associated really keeps the aftermarket companies in business.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racingnewb
If you read the B6 thread it's crazy how many "tuning options" there are. Associated really keeps the aftermarket companies in business.
Not sure about the associated tuning options, but if that stops you from buying a car you wouldnt pick the YZ-2.

The yz-2 is a fantastic platform and build qualiyy is fantastic. But the list of upgrade parts never ends. They release a new tuning option weekly it seems. If you are to keep up with it you will have a very empty wallet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.