Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best scte 4wd for noob racer??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 07:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default best scte 4wd for noob racer??

Used to race, now both my son and I would like to start. Really like the 4wd sct class and my son now has a slash that we are working on. Would like to find a truck I can race on weekends that wont break the bank, is durable and will be somewhat competitive. I have looked at everything out there and cant make up my mine. I am not super impressed with my sons slash but it may need tweaking. Has anybody tried the arma senton for sct? How about the losi sct rtr? Please offer suggestions as to what my best options would be, TIA
Old 10-14-2017, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you're really serious about racing, the Losi SCTE and Tekno SCT410 are probably the top two choices. If you're on a budget, look for a used Tekno. There are plenty of them out there.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
If you're really serious about racing, the Losi SCTE and Tekno SCT410 are probably the top two choices. If you're on a budget, look for a used Tekno. There are plenty of them out there.
+1

Visit your local club and talk to some of the faster drivers... see if any of them are willing to help you with getting your cars setup? If they agree to help out, then go buy the same brand they are running so you get a proper setup for your track.

In my area, Tekno has taken over by storm, there are still a few Losi's here and there but I'd say the majority brand is Tekno by a long shot. I'm still racing my SCT410.1 which is approaching 4 years old and almost all original plastic parts on it too, they definitely stand the test of time and wouldn't hesitate buying one used either! My old dog is still very competitive too, recently took 1st at our local summer series... 3rd place was also a Tekno and the guy in 2nd is driving a Mugen conversion:
https://www.facebook.com/ThornhillRa...889633/?type=3
Old 10-16-2017, 10:47 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The senton was the sister RTR car to the race level Durango DESC10. The DESC10 other than a few quirks was one heck of an SCT. a bit heavy, but it was probably the best handling one I have driven. Due to Durango's demise, I run the Tekno line up. The SCT410.3 is an excellent vehicle that can take a beating as well as be a top performer.

Its parts are highly durable and last quite awhile. They don't get sloppy nearly as quick as I keep hearing the losi's do.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

The Senton needs a minimum of 4s to run properly and most race tracks limit SCT's to 2s so a motor change would be needed. Everything else about it should be good.
The new Losi Tenacity SCT RTR is doing pretty well at my local track. The guy running it had to change the plastic shocks to some TLR ones but It's as fast as anything else out there.
I'm running a Tekno SCT410.3 and it's been very durable.