• 2 Post By Nineball
  • 1 Post By Nineball

13.5 Mid Motor Vs Rear Motor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default 13.5 Mid Motor Vs Rear Motor

I currently own a stock DR10 and was thinking of upgrading. I really like the layout of the Drag Race Concepts pro spec chassis kit and figured that’d be a great option. However the other option I could have would be to build an associated sc6.2 with a mid motor layout. Also another mid motor option would be the drag race concepts b6 chassis conversion as I have a brand new b6 just sitting around. I’ll be racing 13.5 so I won’t have a wheelie bar which lead me to think that a mid motor might have an advantage of keeping the front wheels down. But I could also just move my batter forward with the drag race concept chassis. What are your thoughts on this?
Old 02-12-2022, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

If you're really thinking of building a serious car for 13.5t, I would say mid motor is the way to go. And shaving weight with a carbon chassis is a good idea.

I checked DRC's website and they dont seem to offer the drak pak kits anymore, just parts. But they'd have at least one option for the DR10.

Five Star just updated the street sweeper and the AE version is for the b6, but I'd recommend the AE Builder's Kit to shave off some cost too.

Five Star Sweeper V2

Associated Builder's Suppprt Kit
xfbaap and Rcdad42 like this.
Old 02-12-2022, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nineball
If you're really thinking of building a serious car for 13.5t, I would say mid motor is the way to go. And shaving weight with a carbon chassis is a good idea.

I checked DRC's website and they dont seem to offer the drak pak kits anymore, just parts. But they'd have at least one option for the DR10.

Five Star just updated the street sweeper and the AE version is for the b6, but I'd recommend the AE Builder's Kit to shave off some cost too.

Five Star Sweeper V2

Associated Builder's Suppprt Kit
Thanks for the input. That five star chassis looks great. So you truly think that kid motor would be the way to go then?

I had my eye on this one here by drc.
Old 02-12-2022, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Everything DRC makes is well done and very nice, but they are a bit more expensive than some others. On the other hand, even the smaller companies are seeing price increases, so you're generally out $1k for a carbon car any way you go.
xfbaap likes this.
Old 02-14-2022, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Everything DRC makes is well done and very nice, but they are a bit more expensive than some others. On the other hand, even the smaller companies are seeing price increases, so you're generally out $1k for a carbon car any way you go.
yeah and I’m up in Canada so it ends up being even more 😅. But their products definitely seem to be some of the nicest on the market
Old 02-27-2022, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

There is now a DR10 Street Sweeper from Five Star here
Old 02-28-2022, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

There is now a DR10 Street Sweeper from Five Star here
Thats a nice looking kit. I like the sale price to 🤘