Like Tree39Likes

What is traxxas releasing next?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 09:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmahh
A solid Axle would not be 'legal' in a NP race under current rules. Its not unlike Traxxas to make their own rules...
I would love to see a TRX chassis, front motor 2 or 3 speed tranny with a driveshaft and spooled rear end that has a few gearing options for the pumpkin.
But Im not waiting for anyone to make that, I have been plucking together my own version but really slow. I do need to front burner this project soon.
Just curious, what rules you are using? I haven't seen any diff limits for our "local" club.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:05 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Oval is still far more popular. And widely run. I’m not opposed to a drag racing section.

That may have been true last April, But this April.....

Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:17 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mrreet2001
Just curious, what rules you are using? I haven't seen any diff limits for our "local" club.
The NP rules state 4 arms,. Solid axles eliminate 2 arms. lol That makes it Unlimited run what you brung class.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:30 PM
Suspended

There's a bit here to go through.

New Plastics for a more HD Case overall. Looks like it may be a bit lower profile than the original, but only speculating on that profile.
Upgraded Diff. New case, Oversized output bearings, Better gear cut and hardened. Better cross pins for the diff. Sealed diff. Comes with 500K diff fluid.
Aluminum motor plate equals more strength, better motor cooling ability, and increased lifespan.
New Topshaft to eliminate the broken roll/spring pins issue. 4x4 slipper setup. All major improvements.

Interesting choice on the name I might add.
Looks good overall. should be a huge upgrade over the current 2wd tranny, which wasn't total crap. Still better than what TA put in the DR10 imho.

Looks like the hinge pins have not changed how they mount. So I would presume it has the same AntiSquat built into the holes.

This looks like a 4mm shaft. Maybe 5mm. Should be a big improvement.

features and cutaway

This diff looks legit. Sadly it wont retro into older tranny cases due to the larger size, and mainly the oversize bearings.

They call it the Pro Series 272 Magnum.

The reason I say its a bit interesting is Traxxass sues ANYONE in ANY INDUSTRY if they use the word Maxx in their name or marketing. Even if you're a small home town grow store, that also become a Traxxas distributor/store in a 500 square mile area. smdh>

Clearly this very much resembles the Pro Line Tranny. but PL did make a Traxxas Tranny, with some added features. They also called it the Pro Series.

Looks like Traxxas is Clearly firing a shot over the bow of Horizon by naming their new tranny the Pro Series, almost begging Horizon to Sue them for using it.

Gonna be some HEAT IN THE CITY This summer. lol
Old 05-01-2021, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmahh
There's a bit here to go through.

New Plastics for a more HD Case overall. Looks like it may be a bit lower profile than the original, but only speculating on that profile.
Upgraded Diff. New case, Oversized output bearings, Better gear cut and hardened. Better cross pins for the diff. Sealed diff. Comes with 500K diff fluid.
Aluminum motor plate equals more strength, better motor cooling ability, and increased lifespan.
New Topshaft to eliminate the broken roll/spring pins issue. 4x4 slipper setup. All major improvements.

Interesting choice on the name I might add.
Looks good overall. should be a huge upgrade over the current 2wd tranny, which wasn't total crap. Still better than what TA put in the DR10 imho.

Looks like the hinge pins have not changed how they mount. So I would presume it has the same AntiSquat built into the holes.

This looks like a 4mm shaft. Maybe 5mm. Should be a big improvement.

features and cutaway

This diff looks legit. Sadly it wont retro into older tranny cases due to the larger size, and mainly the oversize bearings.

They call it the Pro Series 272 Magnum.

The reason I say its a bit interesting is Traxxass sues ANYONE in ANY INDUSTRY if they use the word Maxx in their name or marketing. Even if you're a small home town grow store, that also become a Traxxas distributor/store in a 500 square mile area. smdh>

Clearly this very much resembles the Pro Line Tranny. but PL did make a Traxxas Tranny, with some added features. They also called it the Pro Series.

Looks like Traxxas is Clearly firing a shot over the bow of Horizon by naming their new tranny the Pro Series, almost begging Horizon to Sue them for using it.

Gonna be some HEAT IN THE CITY This summer. lol
A few things:

1. I wounder if this trans will bolt-in where the old Magnum fits. If so, this would be something of a game changer for all the 272 vehicles.

2. Imho, it looks more like the rpm case then the Pro-line case.

3. Traxxas has used "Pro Series" in the past in naming the ball diff that has been offered for there 272 trans, as well as other parts, since the TCP/SRT days at least.
They now call it "Pro-Style"

Just saying.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Default Okay, with all that said above...

Here's my drag car predictions:

1. The chassis will be long version of the old Street Sport. That was little more than a skinny Baidit/Rustler chassis.
2. Rear shock tower will be a new version of the current Slash to allow for upright shock placement. I can also see it being slightly shorter in height. With shocks from the front of the Slash for length.
3. Front shock tower would be of the N. Rustler shape to add strength but again be shorter. With shocks from the rear of the Street Sport.
4. 1. and 3. will allow them to use the steering from the Bandit/Rustler platform.
5. Front bulkhead, arms and top plate will remain the same as Rustler/Bandit/ect. With maybe a sway bar mount.
6. There will be a factory rear sway bar in the new chassis or shock tower.
7. Front spindle and axle will be from Bandit so Bandit rims can be used. Yes, I know, Weld rims. But, same specs.
8. Rear tires are going to be using the same molds as the funny car did.
9. It will be brushless. Likely the esc from there 4x4 line to handle the Amp load of a new low turn motor.
10. From the looks of the gear cover it will have telemetry. This maybe used to run a trans brake in the form a of pull the throttle then hit a button to lunch setup.

Those are my ten thoughts based on what we haven't seen. How many are true, I can't tell you. I can tell you I don't work for Traxxas. I just have had a Stampede for almost 30 years now. I have seen how they think.
Timmahh likes this.

Last edited by SocalSnakeEyes; 05-01-2021 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just wish it would land already; with my schedule I have not hit the track in a long time since Covid hit.. and I'm really wanting to try no prep as it fits my schedule more... just trying to decide on building my own kit off a spare B6.1FL I have or do a kit and go
Old 05-13-2021, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Talon4U2NV
I just wish it would land already; with my schedule I have not hit the track in a long time since Covid hit.. and I'm really wanting to try no prep as it fits my schedule more... just trying to decide on building my own kit off a spare B6.1FL I have or do a kit and go
I'm running a b6.2 based car this season and it's ridiculously better than my bandit from last season. Just last night, I was thinking "do I need anything for the race this weekend? No... my car is fine. Weird." Get a carbon fiber chassis for the wheelbase and you'll be set.

On topic though, I saw a bit about the new TSM for the drag slash on Harley Designs but it isnt on the traxxas site yet? Something about it only working during braking. If you ask me, they should focus on a transmitter than can reach 132ft.
Talon4U2NV likes this.
Old 05-13-2021, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nineball
I'm running a b6.2 based car this season and it's ridiculously better than my bandit from last season. Just last night, I was thinking "do I need anything for the race this weekend? No... my car is fine. Weird." Get a carbon fiber chassis for the wheelbase and you'll be set.

On topic though, I saw a bit about the new TSM for the drag slash on Harley Designs but it isnt on the traxxas site yet? Something about it only working during braking. If you ask me, they should focus on a transmitter than can reach 132ft.
https://traxxas.com/drag-slash-tsm?u...m=LEARN%20MORE