Like Tree14Likes

Traxxas Mud boss

Old 06-12-2024, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Traxxas Mud boss

Traxxas new release. I like the upgrades.
https://youtu.be/3X0Ve2aJZ5M?si=UWV-gZ4M0ZO8bexP
Old 06-12-2024, 03:50 PM
Tech Initiate

The upgraded shocks and trasmission are great. The diff being easy to remove and service is great. But..... this currently is not "legal" to race in any Mudboss class. So??? either we'll get a new spec Mudboss class, maybe take over the 12T Mudboss class or maybe this new car will be allowed by some tracks to race in the 12T class. I likely won't buy one until I see if any of the oval tracks near me allow them to be raced.
Mr casual likes this.
Old 06-12-2024, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

our club isn't maxed out on participation so if we have 3 we make it a class. I am strongly considering this if others at my club go for it. I would love to see it bring in more people too.
requiem33 likes this.
Old 06-12-2024, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RetroThutmose
our club isn't maxed out on participation so if we have 3 we make it a class. I am strongly considering this if others at my club go for it. I would love to see it bring in more people too.
Does your track currently run any MudBoss classes? SC Mod or B Mod? Bandit Zero Mod Sprint or Mini-MudBoss?
Old 06-13-2024, 06:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

The Krater R/C Dirt Oval Raceway, a club in Michigan, announced that the Traxxas Mudboss would be ran in "Open SC".
Old 06-13-2024, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

the track near me had different rules for mudboss depending on the event being held that day. honestly what was traxxas really supposed to do? i guess not releasing a car was an option, but imo i think it would be better in the long run for there to be a defacto box stock option so you don't have to worry about the specific rules of a particular track being different.
RetroThutmose likes this.
Old 06-13-2024, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mac The Knife
The Krater R/C Dirt Oval Raceway, a club in Michigan, announced that the Traxxas Mudboss would be ran in "Open SC".
This is exactly how this unfortunately 'misnamed' Traxxas entry should be treated, slotted into current class offerings such as SC based B-Mods, Open SC Mod (just be prepared to spend $$ replacing BL-2S and probably tires), or as a platform for SC Stock Car or SC Late Model with body/etc changes ($$) to meet class rules ...

If a track needs an additional class, it would be fine as a spec type class 'as is' but would only create confusion unless the class is named something other than anything with 'Mudboss' in it ...

I could almost see Traxxas coming out with a full bodied version for a 'stock car' class in the near future ... this could be a pretty versatile platform in the (dirt) oval world, just too bad they 'copped' a name already used across the county with a vehicle that doesn't fit in the class rules/specs of a MudBoss

Old 06-13-2024, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tomkatn
Does your track currently run any MudBoss classes? SC Mod or B Mod? Bandit Zero Mod Sprint or Mini-MudBoss?
Usually just 12t and 13.5 (I think also called "big block")
Old 06-13-2024, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mac The Knife
I saw that too, I think they were just talking about where it fits in today since there isn't any agreed upon ruleset for this car
Old 06-13-2024, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Our tack will be running it as a box stock rtr class. We already run big block MB, Slash Street Stock,and SC Mod. It will be nice to have a box stock class.
Old 06-13-2024, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Cool

One of the tracks I frequent isn't going to run them at all. They just don't have room in the program. Plus they host a very healthy SC mod class, with all the conventional rules.
Old 06-13-2024, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr casual
One of the tracks I frequent isn't going to run them at all. They just don't have room in the program. Plus they host a very healthy SC mod class, with all the conventional rules.
Attitude in Waupun by chance?
Old 06-13-2024, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 282 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomkatn
Attitude in Waupun by chance?
Could be Oshkosh as well.
Old 06-13-2024, 10:17 PM
Tech Regular

This release may play spoiler to Losi's NASCAR release while making Losi look silly at the same time. Losi stated that they made their new oval car 4wd because 2wd is too hard to drive, yet here is a video of the Mudboss turning some laps and it looks dialed.

Traxxas Mudboss on the track.

Wonder how well it hooks up on unprepped pavement. No prep oval could be fun. Nice job Traxxas. I'd love to see them use this same platform for a Sprint Car.
RetroThutmose likes this.
Old 06-14-2024, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Another review showing the Mudboss on a dry track. It definitely requires some throttle control to keep it from swapping ends, but I would argue that it will make a newcomer a better driver in the long run and in my opinion better to learn the right way instead of using an AWD crutch.

Regarding a box stock class with these I assume changing shock and diff fluid wouldn't be against the rules and the spirit of a box stock class, but what about spring rates. Would changing springs be prohibited? What about shock pistons, can those be changed or altered in any way?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.