Team AE T6.2

Old 12-20-2021, 10:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Team AE T6.2

I recently acquired a new T6.2. It came to me as a slider w/body only. My track is starting up a dirt oval series this spring and I cant help but wonder if the T6.2 could be a good platform? Any insights or whatever is greatly appreciated. Like, am I crazy? Things I should buy for the chassis to make it better, tires, body? Just need some opinions...
Up until I got the 6.2, my stable consisted of an MBX8E and. MBX6TR, obviously I'm a dirt track racer...the oval has been built into our current layout on the perimeter, so...same surface.
Old 12-21-2021, 06:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Typically dirt oval cars, SC modifieds anyway, are built on the SC platform. So really it depends on the classes they run, but I'd assume you'll need an SC chassis to get the wheelbase right.
--Alex
Old 12-21-2021, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The Midwest modified/Sport mod class is popular right now. It's a buggy based class. A little brother to the SC mod cars. 17.5, 13.5. They are fast & fun. Build one & start that class at your new track.
Old 12-21-2021, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Yup, check with your track to see if they plan to run a class with the truck wheelbase you have ... since they usually run off-road, they may already have a class for that platform, and want to make a class for oval usable for those drivers ... otherwise most all dirt oval classes will consist of either buggy based, or short course based chassis vehicles/conversions ... if so, the options would be to slip everything off of your truck chassis onto a SC chassis plate (as Alex mentioned), or to try and swap out your truck slider for a comparable buggy slider ...

Years ago I did run a T4 chassis plate in a buggy based Street Stock class, but I had to modify the arms to slightly shorten the wheel base for it to be legal, which wasn't all that tough, as the buggy wheelbase on the B4 with the +3mm chassis was 11.06", and the truck was 11.34", so I just had to modify each side a little over 1/8" to be legal ... I also had to use buggy (B4) arms, bones, links, towers, shocks on it ... I had everything on hand to do it, otherwise to purchase everything to make the changes would have been cost prohibitive vs. just buying a buggy based car ...

We can speculate here, but it all comes down to checking with the track on their rules, what classes they will be running for oval, and what they will allow in each ...