Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More > Dirt Oval
1/10 Dirt oval Transmitter Settings >

1/10 Dirt oval Transmitter Settings

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By FlatNastyRob
  • 1 Post By slashslash
  • 1 Post By CedarCityJohnny

1/10 Dirt oval Transmitter Settings

Old 01-05-2019, 06:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/10 Dirt oval Transmitter Settings

Does anyone have any thoughts on initial settings (DR, Expo, & EPA) for dirt oval racing? would zero for DR & Expo be the best starting points? And, what to adjust when?
AHR43 likes this.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

It really depends on what you have. I personally dont mess with expo. Start your steering d/r at 100, if the car is loose or has too much steering turn d/r down, if its tight or dosent have enough steering you need to free the car up. Start throttle epa at 100 and turn it down to where you can get on the gas coming off the corner and it wont spin the tires. Set steering epa to when you turn either way nothing binds up or make s the servo wine. There are several other factors that go with it but this should get you close.
FlatNastyRob likes this.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for the quick response. For some reason I'm not getting notifications when people respond to my posts in this forum.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by slashslash View Post
It really depends on what you have. I personally dont mess with expo. Start your steering d/r at 100, if the car is loose or has too much steering turn d/r down, if its tight or dosent have enough steering you need to free the car up. Start throttle epa at 100 and turn it down to where you can get on the gas coming off the corner and it wont spin the tires. Set steering epa to when you turn either way nothing binds up or make s the servo wine. There are several other factors that go with it but this should get you close.

So, your expo is set at zero? Thanks again!
Old 01-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

its where ever futaba set it default, i have never looked to see to be honest.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Steering exponential can be nice to smooth the initial steering going in to the corner. Also I normally would turn steering dual rate down a lot so full turn on the wheel was just slightly tighter turn than the track. When doing that itís really nice to see if you can setup a function button on your radio so that when itís pressed in you get 100% dual rate. Thatís good for lining up starting grid or getting unstuck or something like that. As always setup steering end points so steering knuckles get full travel but youíre not trying to make the servo go farther, this will really save your servos
FlatNastyRob likes this.