Search

axial wraith spawn help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default axial wraith spawn help.

I need help building my spawn. what are the cheaper upgrades that would work wonders?
Old 11-01-2016, 04:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Aluminum chubs and knuckles have always been first on my list. And metal pillow balls and leave stock plastic links on it or aluminum links. If your going to crawl get the battery mounted under the hood it works way better than stock location. I run 2 smaller 3s lipos. One in stock location and one under the hood. Definitely look into steel trans gears if your going to ad any power to it.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

I've been trying to move the battery to the front but just can't find a good place. you have a picture of yours?
Old 11-01-2016, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Your going to want to move your rx and possibly your esc to the rear, and mount the battery sideways (i.e.- driver side to pass side, laterally so to speak, not front to back). Moving the elec's will free up the room your looking for to mount your batt. I use 2 velcro straps around the front most bar/post( not the windshield post) running wheel well to wheel well, no issues- love the forward weight!
Old 11-01-2016, 11:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rug Runner
Your going to want to move your rx and possibly your esc to the rear, and mount the battery sideways (i.e.- driver side to pass side, laterally so to speak, not front to back). Moving the elec's will free up the room your looking for to mount your batt. I use 2 velcro straps around the front most bar/post( not the windshield post) running wheel well to wheel well, no issues- love the forward weight!
+1
Old 11-01-2016, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcbasher97
I need help building my spawn. what are the cheaper upgrades that would work wonders?
The first upgrades for the Wraith are the electronics. You'll need a strong ESC, motor and servo. Tires are also a good first upgrade since RTR tires suck and the kit tires are a better compound, but still not the best tires. Beadlocks are great as well.

For good, aluminum parts that won't break the bank look to SSD or STRC. Boom Racing also makes good stuff.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

rug runner that's what I thought about doing but I just didn't know how it was gonna work with the servo and the rx attached together. do they make extensions or something?
Old 11-01-2016, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcbasher97
rug runner that's what I thought about doing but I just didn't know how it was gonna work with the servo and the rx attached together. do they make extensions or something?
Yes, they make extension wires.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Its pretty easy to get everything mounted up front. I've got my lipo (2200mah 4s), esc (mmp), bec, receiver and led controller all up under the bonnet with no issues.

Must have upgrades imo are chubs, knuckles, transmission gears and links. You can take a shot on cheap gear, or buy once and usually save in the long run.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Look on you tube for cheap easy wraith mods
Old 11-01-2016, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Yes, they make extension wires.
Sorry, forgot to mention longer wires to reach wherever you mount the rx. To hinge the hod to finish the batt forward mod, I use 1/2 cable clamps from Home Depot, use the windshield bars to "hinge" the hood on. To keep it closed I went to LHS and got some small neodymium ring magnets, mounted them up front, and WHHALLA!! You've got your self a hinged hood to access the battery you just stuffed up front. Ive rolled many times and never has the hood opened up on me-yet
Old 11-04-2016, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

does anyone think I should flip the back upper shock mount upside down and all the lowers upside down to lower it? don't know if it would help any.