Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Redcat Everest 10 at Sorrento RC Park in Kinsale, VA *Pic Heavy* >

Redcat Everest 10 at Sorrento RC Park in Kinsale, VA *Pic Heavy*

Redcat Everest 10 at Sorrento RC Park in Kinsale, VA *Pic Heavy*

Old 08-28-2016, 06:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Thumbs up Redcat Everest 10 at Sorrento RC Park in Kinsale, VA *Pic Heavy*

I received my Redcat Everest 10 from Amazon on Friday evening. Like a kid at Christmas, I was excited to see it sitting on my porch when I got home from work. I immediately opened the box, switched the ESC connector to an XT60, and planned on hitting my favorite RC park the next day.

Saturday afternoon I arrived at Sorrento RC park. If you are anywhere near the Richmond, Fredericksburg or DC area, the park is worth the trip. They are located at 272 Rosa Bran Rd, Kinsale, Va 22488. Three race tracks, crawler course, FPV quadcopter area and you can even bring your boats! Check them out on Facebook or at SorrentoRCpark.

I threw a battery in the E10 and jumped right in.

Within the first few feet, I realize how bad the stock tires are. First thing I will do when I get home is pull the foam out of the tires.

The good news is that the throttle was butter smooth. The motor and esc felt great. The drag brake was nice, held the truck wherever I needed it.

There are times when I loved the big wide tires. It made certain aspects of the course easy to navigate.

The big slide down is fun. No grip, just one big slide down.

Halfway through the course I'm just relieved that everything is still intact. The servo is terrible, but that's to be expected. The turning radius is HORRIBLE. I believe I've read some fixes for that, so it's a must do modification.

On top we go!

Tough climb in stock form.

Down the other side.

Inside we go!

At this point in the course, I stopped to check the truck out. Motor, esc and servo staying cool.

I had a blast at Sorrento and can't wait to get back there next weekend. The owner is an awesome guy and plans to expand the crawler course in the near future. I'm really looking forward to it. The only mistake I made was not bringing some of my go fast stuff so I could run on the tracks. Oh well, next time!

There is also an onsite "hangar" which will be a future hobby shop. There is plenty of area to wrench on your vehicles with power available for charging up batteries. It's a great place to make a day, or an entire weekend.

My Redcat will be a totally different truck by next weekend. I love the challenge of taking a cheap rig and turning it into something that performs well. That's the best part of this hobby.

Last edited by TIME MACHINE; 08-29-2016 at 04:56 AM.
Old 10-09-2016, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Great pics. Love the course. I am getting ready to jump on one of these cheap Redcats. They are a lot of crawler for not much money and just a few extra dollars makes them a lot more reliable.
I am more interested in the moa RS10(Rock Slide) truck as I think the technical crawling is where it is for me.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Upgrade your tires and you'll get a noticeable improvement in performance.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lolagt
Great pics. Love the course. I am getting ready to jump on one of these cheap Redcats. They are a lot of crawler for not much money and just a few extra dollars makes them a lot more reliable.
I am more interested in the moa RS10(Rock Slide) truck as I think the technical crawling is where it is for me.
+1 and +1 nice pics and I will be grabbing a Rockslide as soon as Towers gets some back in stock..and when did Towers start carrying Red Cat? They have a page in the latest Towers catalog never seen that before..

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/redcat-rac...tower-hobbies/

Ok that answers that..