Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Esc steering servo combo?? >

Esc steering servo combo??

Esc steering servo combo??

Old 08-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Esc steering servo combo??

Hey my gf's esc went out on her wraith. So I put a traxxas Xl-5 in it and now the steering servo went out. What steering servo works with the Xl-5? Or should I get a better esc? If so what esc and steering servo work great together. New to crawling thanks for the help.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Tech Rookie

one thing that so many people skip out on for a crawler is a very strong and durable servo especially in a wraith with big tires, sure there will be people that post a $20 solar and some other off brand servo. but if you invest in a good hitec 7955 or even 5955 titanium gear which hitec covers problems under warranty even if it is used and a BEC to properly feed the servo correct voltage you will be more than happy. some of the other hitecs like the 7954 dont fall into that warranty category because of the lack of titanium gears
Old 08-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok I have a wraith and was running a traxxas 2075 because I had it and it was water proof it was more of a pain to drive the truck because the servo was way to week so get your self the strongest servo your budget allows I'm trying the chemo solar servo because I'm broke lol and needed some other odds and end parts for it if it was a scx10 with 1.9 you can get away with a weeker servo but the wraith it to heavy and the big tires need the power lol
Old 08-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well I got the servo yesterday and I need a bec for sure it can't even turn the wheels on the carpet and it compleatly locks up when I hold the wheel from returning to center lol