Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Axles for an scx10 >

Axles for an scx10

Axles for an scx10

Old 05-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Questions?? Axles for an scx10

I'm looking at axles and can't seem to decide on which ones to buy. I love the scale look for everything and I'm looking to have everything name brand. So I've been looking at these Currie axles from Vanquish Products. I wonder if they perform the way they look! I'm also looking at the Vanquish metal axle housings and use the original axle parts. Or maybe even the integy axles which I'm not big on integy but it seems like they have some okay stuff. What do y'all suggest?
Old 05-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALIENRC51 View Post
I'm looking at axles and can't seem to decide on which ones to buy. I love the scale look for everything and I'm looking to have everything name brand. So I've been looking at these Currie axles from Vanquish Products. I wonder if they perform the way they look! I'm also looking at the Vanquish metal axle housings and use the original axle parts. Or maybe even the integy axles which I'm not big on integy but it seems like they have some okay stuff. What do y'all suggest?
Vanquish vanquish vanquish. I run both the curries and the axle housing with the scx10 stage 1 upgrade kit. Both are a solid choice
Old 05-06-2014, 04:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I agree! ^^^

I have Curries on a couple rigs and their design with the pumpkin rotated and the delrin skid help them perform as good as anything out there.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Location: Currently live in southern AZ, or closer to northern Mexico if your a realist.
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They sure look good but are a pain in the arse to maintain because of disassembly. Other than that, sweet axles for sure.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anything but Integy IMO. I cant bring myself to spend sooooooo much on a set of very cool looking axle housings just to drag them across the rocks. Stock plastic is good for me with plenty of upgrades on the inside where it counts. Again very cool housing but a bit pricey to drag across a rock for me.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phins Fan View Post
Anything but Integy IMO. I cant bring myself to spend sooooooo much on a set of very cool looking axle housings just to drag them across the rocks. Stock plastic is good for me with plenty of upgrades on the inside where it counts. Again very cool housing but a bit pricey to drag across a rock for me.
X2, Unless you have just have money to burn and REQUIRE that you have the most bling (IMO) they are overrated. Aluminum chubs and knuckles are a great investment. But the stock plastic housings do a pretty amazing job, but I am way function over form.

If you are purely looking for scale looks, check out RC4WD. They have some pretty knockout scale axles.