R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Crawler Room (https://www.rctech.net/forum/crawler-room-151/)
-   -   NEW Gelande-2 from RC4WD, SWEET !!!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/crawler-room/742831-new-gelande-2-rc4wd-sweet.html)

Bondonutz 07-08-2013 09:43 AM

NEW Gelande-2 from RC4WD, SWEET !!!!!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps6c1cb2f1.jpg

Grandturk 07-08-2013 01:09 PM

I like this more than the axial for scale realism - but how are the RC4WD kits in comparison to something like the SCX10? Do they hold up or are they a maintenance nightmare?

Bondonutz 07-08-2013 05:15 PM

B==D

fr8cture 07-11-2013 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bondonutz (Post 12329337)
I am not taking any credit away from Axial but the RC4WD kits are a few steps up in quality and performance over them for several reasons.
No need for additional hop up parts for strength/durability, most everything is aluminum or steel and designed for the long term of serious trailing/bashing.
Axial products need big bucks to get the level of durability the RC4WD has right out of the box.
Their products do not disappoint !

The reason I bought a TF2 instead of a SCX10.

Harley0706 07-12-2013 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bondonutz (Post 12329337)
I am not taking any credit away from Axial but the RC4WD kits are a few steps up in quality and performance over them for several reasons.
No need for additional hop up parts for strength/durability, most everything is aluminum or steel and designed for the long term of serious trailing/bashing.
Axial products need big bucks to get the level of durability the RC4WD has right out of the box.
Their products do not disappoint !

I know what you mean in some ways but I really have to disagree. I have owned TONS of Axial trucks as well as the TF2. A stock Axial can bomb around on the rocks and just keep bouncing around. Much of that is due to the fact that they use plastic links in places.

Try that with the TF2 or this new truck and you'll quickly have a pretty nasty looking truck.

They both have their strong points but a stock RC4WD truck (TF2) is not going to follow a stock Axial SCX around on the trails/rocks. I'd happily put that to a challenge even :D

mjc597 08-10-2013 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 12342882)
I know what you mean in some ways but I really have to disagree. I have owned TONS of Axial trucks as well as the TF2. A stock Axial can bomb around on the rocks and just keep bouncing around. Much of that is due to the fact that they use plastic links in places.

Try that with the TF2 or this new truck and you'll quickly have a pretty nasty looking truck.

They both have their strong points but a stock RC4WD truck (TF2) is not going to follow a stock Axial SCX around on the trails/rocks. I'd happily put that to a challenge even :D

x2 with that statement.... in my opinion the rc4wd trucks are alot more scale in appearance and the way they function...and i really want one of these new kits...but axial i feel is the more durable of the 2..

bronc4now 08-11-2013 08:23 AM

+1 and so many options .

Originally Posted by mjc597 (Post 12434798)
x2 with that statement.... in my opinion the rc4wd trucks are alot more scale in appearance and the way they function...and i really want one of these new kits...but axial i feel is the more durable of the 2..

+1 ill be adding this to my axial squad too..

Bondonutz 08-11-2013 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by mjc597 (Post 12434798)

Now that I no longer work for them I agree 100%
I found their stuff is pretty nice but most is just over priced and sometimes no tougher than Axial stuff

Bondonutz 08-11-2013 01:45 PM

I have a RC4WD NIB steel full roof rack for the D90 is anyone is interested, $70.00 shipped

Massastan 09-03-2013 04:25 AM

First check for parts and parts diagrams on RC4WD items. You probably will not find any. That means replacement parts are at the next higher assembly level. Expect 3+ emails and weeks to find out if the assembly is a throw away.

Remember, this is a higher level model. If you can find a part for their specific assembly on their web site, it's available, if not, forget it or replace it if you can. It's probably been discontinued by then.

Also, checkout the minimum shipping charge if you do find a small item.