Crawler Q and A

Old 05-13-2013, 09:45 PM
Suspended

Cool Crawler Q and A

Hi all
I am looking at going in to different areas i have started a few threads in other areas and just gahering info
i want to know if crawlers come innitro and what is the fun in it (don't shot me this is an honest question i don't know what people do with crawlers or if there are events like with buggies raceing) and how much does it cost to get a decent but not over the top crawler.

Thanks to any helpful answers

I AM
Old 05-14-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i want to know if crawlers come innitro

No. In fact, old school brushed motors are the norm

and what is the fun in it (don't shot me this is an honest question i don't know what people do with crawlers or if there are events like with buggies raceing)

Picking your way through a pile or rocks or up a ledge is quite fun. If going slow bores you, you won't like a crawler at all. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it once I tried it. Requires more skill than you'd think. Plus, if you like to build and mess around with setups, you'll be in the right place. Depends on where you are, there are scale and crawler comps, and they are quite a bit different than your normal racetrack day.

and how much does it cost to get a decent but not over the top crawler.

A base RTR can get you in the door pretty cheap (Though I always recommend a kit!) After that, the sky's the limit just like any other scale.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I disagree with if you don't like slow. Lol. I hate a slow car 17.5 ect. But watched the videos of headquake on utube and that made me buy my scx10 and I love it. It's a challenge even just going for walks in the woods is awesome
Old 05-14-2013, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Love the run time when you go scaling. a 5000 mah lipo will usually last me two hours of crawling. It would probably go longer if I didn't have such a heavy throttle finger.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If your used to racing or bashing it's hard to understand the fun of going slow. There's nothing better than a group of friends driving there trucks thru the woods. Most people wanting to get into the scale side of RC crawling I tell them this. Remember what it was like when you were a kid and built plastic models? Remember how detailed you could make them so they were built to look like what the real thing would of looked like if you owned it? Now remember they were only dust collectors that were really nice to look at but spent there life on the shelf? With scalers it's kind of the same thing but you actually get to drive them.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i was a die hard go fast nitro guy until i got my first crawler, 2 yrs later, nothing i own goes much faster than walking pace.
i like scale trucks much better than comp rigs.

cant do stuff like this with a go fast

thats my D90 winching my son down the face of the rock