Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Scorpion AX10 ARTR >

Scorpion AX10 ARTR

Scorpion AX10 ARTR

Old 05-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Scorpion AX10 ARTR

SO my buddy has one and liked it so i found one on ebay that was brand new in the box and have to gather all the electrics but i cant beleive that there isnt a thread that is up to date about it...I kno its older but you can still get them and PLENTY of parts support so its on the way just waiting for it to get here but wanted to get some insight from others as some good upgrades to do....

It has the alum links as its the ARTR and assembled in the box and i have the proline chassis extension kit, vertical body mount, and Silverado HD body so i might use that stuff but wanted to see what everyone does for upgrades without getting crazy as its new so im just starting out and want to do some basic upgrades before going hard core since i will NOT be doing competitions
Old 05-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Rear axle lockouts are a must. Aluminum c hubs and knuckles are a good thing. I would suggest running it first and see if you like it and replace/upgrade as needed.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hotrod87 View Post
Rear axle lockouts are a must. Aluminum c hubs and knuckles are a good thing. I would suggest running it first and see if you like it and replace/upgrade as needed.
Oh, ive ran my buddies a few times and love it and if i have one he will run or atleast bring his out more so we will be using them for sure...

I hve my SCTE 2.0 for high speed and the Crawler for low speed toying so "I SHOULD" be set but we all know how that works, lol
Old 05-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

I kno...everyone has seen em but here she is! Brand new in the box...kinda afraid to even open, lol. But will be doing it here in a few as i have a Stampede body of the Silverado HD and want to see how much "hacking" i will have to do

Old 05-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Here are the cell pics of the body...same length as the stock AX10 body and width is almost perfect as the body sits on the side post but wont know truely how much will be trimmed til i pretrim body and actually get it on the post and work the suspension

Old 05-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Good looking truck! No suggestions on upgrades if you just plan on cruising, they are quite good out of the box. Agree with the above poster that it's an "upgrade at breakage" type rig.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

well ive seen some with the front lower links being a high clearance like the rear so wanted to kno about that and similar small things like that or even more that would help with toying around

just like the center plate underneath....i would think the alum would slide better but i see/hear people talking about the delrin version as an upgrade and not the alum
Old 05-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Plastic slips aluminum grips.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

toss the tvp chasis and grab your self a scx chasis
Old 05-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

ok, debating on electrics now...

Awaiting the venom crawler combo with 55t motor in the mail but i have a 17.t brushless system ive thought about selling and going brushless to a 21.5t motor or higher but want to stay waterproof so i wanted input as my BL esc is not waterproof as im sure we will be playing everywhere

SO what are you using or suggest and why? thanks....
Old 05-08-2013, 07:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
ok, debating on electrics now...

Awaiting the venom crawler combo with 55t motor in the mail but i have a 17.t brushless system ive thought about selling and going brushless to a 21.5t motor or higher but want to stay waterproof so i wanted input as my BL esc is not waterproof as im sure we will be playing everywhere

SO what are you using or suggest and why? thanks....
id go with either the castle sidewinder v3 or the mamba monsetr 2 both are waterproof. both will run brushed and brushless but the mamba monster will also run a sensored motor where as the sidewinder wont
Old 05-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by freaksofnature View Post
id go with either the castle sidewinder v3 or the mamba monsetr 2 both are waterproof. both will run brushed and brushless but the mamba monster will also run a sensored motor where as the sidewinder wont
so whats a good KV as most talk in turns for these and im only running 2s and for the price it would be the sidewinder 3 for sure as the monster is twice the price
Old 05-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

cant say im running a 45t on 3s
Old 05-08-2013, 08:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
so whats a good KV as most talk in turns for these and im only running 2s and for the price it would be the sidewinder 3 for sure as the monster is twice the price
as low as you can get. but rember the v3 doesnt run a sensor based motor it runs brushed or sensorless motors only. i run a 35t brushed motor in my honcho with the v3 on a 2s lipo and i get decent wheel speed and torque with the stock gearing
Old 05-08-2013, 08:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

also check out www.rccrawler.com

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.