Search

Axial Dingo build help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Axial Dingo build help!

So as the title says I bought a Dingo kit. I'm going to be starting my build in a couple days just trying to finalize where i'm going to go with the body design and the scale bits.

I've been looking around for headlight kits for the dingo but haven't really found anything that has gotten my attention. Sooo i'm wondering about building my own.

I know the dingo comes with light bucket(I think) so i've been just thinking about get a few white led's and somehow rigging them up to go into the dingo's light buckets.

Does anyone have a diagram of a light set up with all the wires, battery, maybe even a switch ? Or know of where to find one.

Thanks in advance!

Happy Rc'ing!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Check out chaoticcrawlers.com. He does some bad ass light kits. It depends a little on what you want. If you're just using the bumper mounted light buckets in the dingo kit then the axial light kits work. If you're putting lights in the actual body (which you need to be able to remove) then chaotic's kits are nice because they run on a 9V battery. That keeps the light wiring in the body separate from the chassis. He'll do any combo you want, even custom.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 AM
Tech Initiate

to easy, its so simple and cheap to make ur own.

first thing u need to work out is the specs of the LED's u are planing to use.

here is a wiring diagram i made a while back for use with a spare 2 channels

Just note, the red wire from the ESC to the reciver, is showen to be connected. But its a mistake, it should be cut and taped off

no kidding get ur self some bright LED's, post up the specs and I can get a wiring diagram made up for u, including the resistor specs.

Personally I run my LED's of the main battery, i dont see the point of adding another battery???
Seriously do people add a 9v battery just so they dont have to unplug 1 wire connector?
or do they like having a extemly inefficient battery (power vs weight) hanging off there body?

one good point about running it off the main battery, it makes it harder to forget to turn the car off after use
Old 01-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Initiate

here is a very basic setup using general specs for white ane red LED's
Its powered from the ESC's BEC 6v, and plugs into a spare CH on the reviver, if u dont have a spare CH, it can be pluged into any CH using a Y adapter
Old 03-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by phmaximus

here is a wiring diagram i made a while back for use with a spare 2 channels
Nice diagram, Thanks. That will help me too.