Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Settings on 3-speed shifting Tamiya Bruiser with a 4PK >

Settings on 3-speed shifting Tamiya Bruiser with a 4PK

Settings on 3-speed shifting Tamiya Bruiser with a 4PK

Old 10-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Settings on 3-speed shifting Tamiya Bruiser with a 4PK

Can someone help me with a step by step tutorial, or point me in the right direction, on how to be able to shift the 3speed tranny on the Tamiya Bruiser re-re using a Futaba 4pk? Any help would be greatly appreciated since the included instruction manual just makes things more confusing. Ive seen sites that explain how to use the 4pk for 4wheel steering with mixing, but have had no luck finding a site that explains shifting a 3-speed:-(
Old 02-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Still no help?
Old 03-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

I to am tyring to accomplish the same thing. So far I have gotten about 1/2 way to what we both are tying to do. Under the menu labeled p-mix, which is program mixing, you can start to program the remote to shift on the fly. Where it in labeled "mst :th" you need to have next to it "TH" for throttle. That means the master channel is the throttle. underneath that parameter is "slv :" that is the slave channel. Next to that label you should have "ch3" or what ever channel the shift servo is. From there, you need to make sure the mode:act (on) is on so as to turn the mixing on. then comes trial and error, which is where i am right now.

If you have anymore questions i will try to get back promptly. Again I am not fully there yet but with little time I have,I try to make it work. Adjust the "fwrd" and "brak" parameters to try to achieve good results. So far it seems i am starting in 2nd, shifting into 3rd at 1/2 throttle, cant seem to start in first, although the reverse adjustment directly affects this. Its very confusing. good luck!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

For easier understanding first go to the SYSTM menu and change DISP-SEL and set it to "SRV-VIEW". The Servo View gives a very clear bar graph style view of what every channel is doing.

Go to the *MENU-T option and change your menu type to "Level3", make sure to go down and select the EXEC function so that it applies the changes.

First go to the EPA menu and set the EPA levels on 3C UP and DWN to a very low level, say 5 for this example.

Now go to the Dial menu.

Scroll to the switch you want to control your dig, I chose DT3 which is in front of the wheel near where my pointer finger rests (this can be set to any of the dials you like).

Change the dial value to CH3, then scroll over and make the values read: 100/NOR (this means that the dial will act as a 3 position switch).

Now hook up your servo to your dig. Make sure that when the servo is centered that it is in the neutral position (for this method).

Open the EPA menu again.
Gradually adjust your EPA's up while turning the drivetrain (either by hand or by using the throttle). Once they engage check the amount of contact if possible and adjust to an amount you feel comfortable with. Repeat this step for the other direction. Test over and over while spinning the tires while off the ground before driving the truck. This will help in not burning up a shift servo, make sure to check the servo temp while doing this.