Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
My SCX10 Dingo build. >

My SCX10 Dingo build.

My SCX10 Dingo build.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default My SCX10 Dingo build.

I ordered a Dingo kit and it came in today, I am absolutely excited. I went to the hobby shop to pick up some paint (no airbrush yet), and it turned out to be much more intense than I had anticipated. I thought I had some colors picked out, but then I started to look at what they had. Idea pretty much went out the window. Finally picked the paint and went home. I cut out part of the wheel area that would normally get cut to do some tests and I think I like what I have.

I haven't started the build yet, I think I will tomorrow, and I will be posting some pictures I took, as well as taking some along the way. I wasn't planning on making a thread, but I am way more excited about my first kit than I thought I was.

Last edited by marooko; 05-25-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Throw the lexan body out and get a hard body brotha...lol....
Congrats!!!!Pics would help ya know..
Old 05-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

this was when I first got it.

I forgot to take a picture when I was done masking it off, but here's one with just the black.

I haven't even touched the kit, I think I might start it tonight. At least I hope so. I wasn't expecting to get caught up on the body. HA! Been in the hobby for a couple years now, but kit building is totally new and exciting.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What color did you go with for the body?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

I'll be posting some more pics today. After a long weekend of building and holiday stuff, it's finally done. Now the work I didn't do is kicking my butt! ha! Gotta play catchup now.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

And here is my first crawler and first kit build. Took a few pictures along the way. Thought I had more but I can't seem to find them now.

I was pretty stoked when I got this done.

There was a bad thing I have to contact Axial about. The rear shaft on the side shown was bent. Came that way right out of the bag.

Pretty much ready to crawl. Gotta finish the windshield installation and that's it.

add a little bit of detail. Flat black on the outside to make the hinge pop out more.

Also went a little custom with the seats. Painted from the outside also.

I really enjoyed the entire process. I spent a good amount of ours getting it together, making sure things were done right and not overtightened (I tend to dot hat). The little amount of detail I added was really exciting, I think it may be one of my favorite things about this part of RC. I'm pretty glad I got a scale over a comp, but I think I want a comp also. haha. I also found out that my MMP was on its last leg. It worked when I tested the electronics, before I had the tires on. Then when i was getting it ready to roll, I found out the power wire had a bad connection...fun times. Borrowing one from a buddy, but no program card so no reverse. Sucks. But I'll be shipping my pro in and at least I get to crawl in the mean time.

Let me know what you guys think, if you have any tips or anything of the sort. Enjoy.

Last edited by marooko; 05-29-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:32 AM
Tech Regular

Looks good. Are you driving it with the bent axle?
Old 05-30-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

I drove it to check it out, but I already contacted Axial to see if they can replace it. Being that the axle housing is pretty tight, I imagine if I run it it would just wear that out and I'd need to buy that as well.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Just chatted with Axial customer support. A person picked up and was able to help me. No machine, no buttons to push, no giving information then transferring just to give the same information to someone else, nothing like that. I was on the phone 3:18 and a new axle is on its way to my home.

BOOM! AWESOME!
Old 05-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Fun times.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

oh my. and i thought i beat on my dingo...
Old 05-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

I don't even know how it could have happened. I wasn't out 5 minutes and was trying to get past my first obstacle. Other than an incline. Maybe I didn't tighten it down, not sure.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Default scx-10 dingo

very nice rig bro,i am mat from malaysia and good job but i tought better you change that body with hard body land rover diffender because it look better than this body.i also got one scx-10 and now i use cherokee body so for future i plan to increase winch on front bumper.
Attached Thumbnails My SCX10 Dingo build.-image0706.jpg  
Old 06-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

I was checking out your other posts, nice trucks. I definitely plan om changing and adding things. I already want to buy a new body, thinking of little things I can make to add to the scale look. It's all pretty exciting. I used spray can paint, but I have a compressor so I may pick up an airbrush gun soon, we'll see.

I am a little bummed right now, though. Ordered that busted part from Amain on Wednesday evening, used UPS so it would get here today (we're leaving later this evening), somehow it's coming USPS and probably won't be here till Monday. Great. So the house sitter is probably gonna be the one who gets the joy of receiving these packages, but not really because they don't even know what it is. HA! I'm currently looking for a hobby shop near where we will be. hahah!

BITE MY TONGUE! Says it's "Out For Delivery".

Last edited by marooko; 06-01-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:43 AM
ekd
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marooko
I was checking out your other posts, nice trucks. I definitely plan om changing and adding things. I already want to buy a new body, thinking of little things I can make to add to the scale look. It's all pretty exciting. I used spray can paint, but I have a compressor so I may pick up an airbrush gun soon, we'll see.

I am a little bummed right now, though. Ordered that busted part from Amain on Wednesday evening, used UPS so it would get here today (we're leaving later this evening), somehow it's coming USPS and probably won't be here till Monday. Great. So the house sitter is probably gonna be the one who gets the joy of receiving these packages, but not really because they don't even know what it is. HA! I'm currently looking for a hobby shop near where we will be. hahah!

BITE MY TONGUE! Says it's "Out For Delivery".
Nice job. It looks like you'll have a bunch of fun with it.

If you decide to get rid of the body, pls LMK?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.