Search

introducing "Peaches"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 06:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? introducing "Peaches"

well thats what momma calls her i think she is poking fun at me but her truck aint done yet either huh.
This is the Proto-type of the Version3 of the Fatboy Tubers that i have biult over 350 of. i own both this one and the last one i design bent and welded up. and yes i have a book tells me who bought each one and where it went, "down -under" has 47 of them and europe, iraq(with some ranger buddies i trained while i was in, mexico, you name it if theres rock good chance one of my chassis are around somewhere. of enough of that heres the Spec:
Bent out of straight Cold Rolled 3/16" solid round steel
4 link moounts made of 3/16" square steel
trans plate 1/8 thick x 2" wide drilled for R2 or AX10 trans
welded with alot of heat and Brazing rod. lots of Dye Grinding to smooth it all out but after this many of chassis i am gettin rather pretty good at makeing the brass flow smoothly.
u ask is it strong i sold one that i did to a guy in KY and he goes bout 249LBS and can stand on it with out bending it
No Pretty Mass RC4WD tuber here, just plain simple and to the point.
body panels were made out of old race car body alumin skin, easy to cut and can do bout anything with it.....
Trans which i just rebiult, had it for bout 20 plus comps now, is an R2D with a 8 tooth pinion with a 55t crawler lathe motor.
Axles are New R1 Gmade 3/8" more ground clearance and they are Portales so each hub is geared, can u sayUS Army Hummer? yes they are geared at each hub aswell
Shock i bought cuz i thought they lookd cool but they really work pretty good, they are HR with Reserve oil tanks 110mm nice so far thinkin of puttin a lil orange food coloring in there so people can see they work.
Wheels i am goin to run 2 bifferent types, the one her now are Gmade Mudrocks with heavy outer ring and those have one of the best tires i have comp'd so mant times and placed in the top 3 is the Proline Flat Iron 2.2 . just a all around great tire for here in Ks
The next set is a set of XR10 beadlocks with wieght ring and i am runnin another tire i like for here in Ks Pitbull Rock Beast 2.2 very sticky guys, secret foams. no i know a guy that owes a Memory foam mattress company so you get the ideaour first offical is 23 april but i will post some short vids and pics of crawling around here. okay okay okay heres the pics of her so far

flexing shot with a set of swamper i didnt like them got rid of them.

now with the Flat Irons and yes flexin on a Tall Boy Beer can

more pics to come and some vids before long maybe this weekend
What you all think?

Last edited by budleyKS; 03-14-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

SICK!!! That thing looks awesome!!! Nice build!
Old 03-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

looks cool & tough
Old 03-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Awesome tube works!