Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Official Axial SCX10 thread >

Official Axial SCX10 thread

Official Axial SCX10 thread

Old 10-26-2011, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Two of the best 1.9 scale tires out there rite now are the TSL Super Swampers and the Pit Bull Rock Beast.
I use to run only 1.9 RC4WD Rok Lox but switched to the Pit Bull's and it was a nite and day difference, they work great.
I have the 1.9 TSL's on a scale build I'm working on so I have not got to run them yet but have the larger 2.2's on my wraith and used them on my TTC rig and they worked flawlessly.

Mounted up the 1.9 Pit Bull is tall like the Rok Lox but a little wider.
Mounted up the 1.9 Super Swamper is about the same size as a stock Scx10/Honcho PL Flatiron.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by transambill
Two of the best 1.9 scale tires out there rite now are the TSL Super Swampers and the Pit Bull Rock Beast.
I use to run only 1.9 RC4WD Rok Lox but switched to the Pit Bull's and it was a nite and day difference, they work great.
I have the 1.9 TSL's on a scale build I'm working on so I have not got to run them yet but have the larger 2.2's on my wraith and used them on my TTC rig and they worked flawlessly.

Mounted up the 1.9 Pit Bull is tall like the Rok Lox but a little wider.
Mounted up the 1.9 Super Swamper is about the same size as a stock Scx10/Honcho PL Flatiron.
Where can I find both tires at? Rc4wd or ckrcrawlers? The flat irons don't do so well for incline climbs for me with my weight up front.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Here ya go crash,

Pics/info

Pit Bulls
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires...ml#post3347981

Super Swampers
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires...re-review.html

Both can be found here.
http://www.rpphobby.com/category_s/206.htm

RC4WD is kinda slow on shipping and they'll tell you themselves they would rather you buy from one of there dealers than them directly and RPP's prices are exactly the same as RC4WD's so you'll get the same thing for the same price with much faster shipping ordering thru RPP.

As far as CKRC, I along with many others have had terriable experiences with those guys(search RCCrawler) I wouldnt buy a tooth brush from them.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by crash18
Those baja claws are 1.9s WOW!!! i was going to run stock black 8 hole. I may have to find a better scale tire. Thanks for the good pics.
No problem! I almost wasted my money on a set of RC4WD Boggers (Basically the same size), I would have been so mad at wasting $60! I don't want to change the size of my rig at all, just like Boggers, almost made a big mistake! I would not have purchased Baja Claws (I had them in full size, and am not impressed), but got these scale ones in a trade deal. Good timing too! I almost wasted my $$ on the 1.9 4.7" Boggers!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Thanks for tips fellas. I purchased new chassis rail from ckrc didn't have an issue. What are the kind of things they done or do make service so bad. That case Ill stick with Rc4wd. For my 1.9 scaler I'm goin to run Proline stuff so stls it is.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default New SCX10 TR, new to crawling and scale...

Anything I need to do before I run my new SCX10 TR Honcho? I'm gonna put a receiver in it to run my DX3S, but other than that and putting a battery in it is there anything I should do before I run it?

I have a SC10 2wd and an SC10 4wd, but have no experience with the SCX10 or crawling/scale vehicles...Any input is appreciated!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by crash18
Any good 1.9 tire choices? I was going to run the mickey thompson baja claws.
I've heard nothing but good things about the Pit Bull Rock Beasts. I believe they're close to the same size as the Flat Irons also. When I get to it, I'm going to buy a set of those

Originally Posted by 1tenner
Anything I need to do before I run my new SCX10 TR Honcho? I'm gonna put a receiver in it to run my DX3S, but other than that and putting a battery in it is there anything I should do before I run it?

I have a SC10 2wd and an SC10 4wd, but have no experience with the SCX10 or crawling/scale vehicles...Any input is appreciated!
Pretty sure you're all good to go! Have heard that the stock setup out of the box is just fine. Most upgrade the ESC (I think) and the steering servo, but I think it's a great starter crawler
Old 10-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm running supersoft springs all around, and I'm also running no oil in the shocks. I really want it to be as soft as possible, should I run 10wt oil instead of having nothing in the shocks?
Old 10-31-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by iDChuck
I'm running supersoft springs all around, and I'm also running no oil in the shocks. I really want it to be as soft as possible, should I run 10wt oil instead of having nothing in the shocks?
Never run shocks dry that are not designd to be. RC4WD and Jun Fac have examples of oil free shocks but I would still run a little to keep everything lubrecated.
You want soft try running 30 weight with internal springs.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Why is this thread dead? still most popular rig at the trails!
Old 09-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Agreed! Just got done modifying my rear bumper (lengthen) so it can fit my comanche body. Great crawler!
Old 09-25-2013, 05:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

probably this thread is so dead because all the scale/crawler guys are either at rccrawler or Scale4x4rc

either way, they are awesome trucks