Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
water inside tires >

water inside tires

water inside tires

Old 08-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Default water inside tires

help guys, how a can stop the water from getting inside my 2.2 b-lock rock crawler tires.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello, and welcome to the forums!!

You can't really stop all of it from getting in, but you CAN allow it to get OUT easier, just drill or solder two holes, each 180 degrees apart from each other on the tires themselves, when you run in water just run it full throttle off the ground afterwards and the water will spit out the holes. Use a 40 watt soldering iron (or higher) to do this, I have tried a 20 watt one and it doesn't work. Here are the results from the 40 watt one in a Traxxas 1/16 E-Revo VXL Brushless tire (stock):

Also check out the soldering section of my site for more information on soldering.

Soldering LINK

Dan
Old 08-27-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

if u r using beadlock rims then it shouldnt be able to go in easily, unless u have holes on ur rims. just seal the lilttle holes then it would be hard for the water to go in.

i'm using a beadlock 1.9 rims with no holes on on the rims, so far no water is inside it even when i fully submerged the whole wheels.

if u r not using beadlock, then try to glue the tyres to the rims carefully until theres no air can go out. dont forget about to seal the little whole as well.

hope that helps...