Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
AX-10 Proline tuber anyone? >

AX-10 Proline tuber anyone?

AX-10 Proline tuber anyone?

Old 05-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default AX-10 Proline tuber anyone?

Hey guys, Just curious if anyone has used the Proline Tuber chassis/body for the stock AX-10? I recently traded my new Honcho for a GC-3A based comp. rig which isnt really my style. I'm really interested in these semi-scale tubers. I'll post some pics. of my current rig for ya'll to check it out. I do like the chassis and link setup on this GC-3A but there again, I want a tuber now lol. Some specs. on my rig-
Front Axle= Wheely King
Rear Axle= Axial--allows the front to be a little wider than the rear
Chassis= GateKeeper GC-3A
4-linked front and rear
Mud Slinger 2.2s
Axial Trans. with upgraded output shafts
Revo Drive shafts---BEEFY! lol
Bug body
The cool thing with this chassis is it allows multiple setups. Its a kick ass setup. Just too bad I only play in a home made course lol.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The Proline "tuber chassis" is not really a chassis - it mounts directly to the stock chassis plates. Not so bad if you want the tuber look without the weight of a steel or brass cage, but it's essentially just a body. I actually enjoyed mine, but I don't participate in crawling comps - just bash around the house or campsite. I wanted the look of a tube-frame buggy, but kept the weight as low as possible to help extent the lifespan of the stock parts (vs going with a heavy steel cage). I installed carbon fiber chassis plates, heavy Mayhem beadlocks, and the truck did everything I ever asked of it. If you were to try and comp it, I'm sure it wouldn't hold a candle to the hardcore rigs.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hell yeah man! That thing looks really good. I thought at first it was a complete chassis until I looked at them on RCCrawler today (doh! lol). I like the panels on there too, but if I can get a setup like yours I have a couple Nikko Jeep hardbodies to chop up to make my own panels instead of buying the set. I have mine listed on RCCrawler for trade, but no takers yet I had a honcho which I liked, but I like the capabilities of the tubers so I wanted a AX-10 again to make a tuber out of so you almost have the best of both worlds. I know the AX-10 isnt as capable as my current rig, but I dont care b/c there again, I dont comp. lol.