Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Suspension Question >

Suspension Question

Suspension Question

Old 05-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Suspension Question

So, I've got a few "fast" RC trucks that I have a lot of fun with, but I am thinking about buying a crawler also because I am interested in the scale realism and the precise control you can get.

What I've noticed in my web window shopping is that it seems most crawler kits have solid axels. My 4x4 short course racer has 4 wheel independent suspension...is there any specific reason the crawlers have solid axels?
Old 05-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (99%+)

The solid axle is predictable you will find that this is very usefull once you get to know the rig. Independent rigs are mostly used as rock racers. Also alot of flix is cool but is very unpredictable and often puts a wheel in spots where it doesn't need to be. Cracks,holes or it also creates alot of body roll. Theres alot of difference in a rock racer and a MOA crawler.