Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Venom Creeper - Questions in general. >

Venom Creeper - Questions in general.

Venom Creeper - Questions in general.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default Venom Creeper - Questions in general.

Hi guys, I just got bite by the crawling fever, lol. I just bought a Venom Creeper, I have a Hitec 7955 for spare from my buggy, that will be my steering. My question been a nob in the electric world; What would be a decent ESC and engine for a crawler. Also what is the difference between 50T,55T and 60T engines? For crawler application, what is the difference between brushed and brush-less motors? Keep in mine this is my first electric/ crawler so any bit of information will be very appreciated. In the mid time, I'm reading here and RCCrawler.com almost every thread to understand this crawling thing. Thanks!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VWVR6_T View Post
Hi guys, I just got bite by the crawling fever, lol. I just bought a Venom Creeper, I have a Hitec 7955 for spare from my buggy, that will be my steering. My question been a nob in the electric world; What would be a decent ESC and engine for a crawler. Also what is the difference between 50T,55T and 60T engines? For crawler application, what is the difference between brushed and brush-less motors? Keep in mine this is my first electric/ crawler so any bit of information will be very appreciated. In the mid time, I'm reading here and RCCrawler.com almost every thread to understand this crawling thing. Thanks!
I went with a Sidewinder and a 45t integy in mine, works great but it's kind of big. If I ever replace it, I'll go with the Tekin FXR Rock Crawler Combo... it's smaller, powerful, and cheap. But your motor and ESC choice may change depending on the extremes of your use.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for replay, I went with Tekin R1 ESC and a Tekin 55T comp. eng. I saw everyone is using the FXR esc but I found the R1 for cheap besides the R1 can be used with any engine ( brush-less , usensored, brushed) and more adjustment. I guess i'm good to go. Seems like the best place forum for crawlers is RCCrawler.com, I had a response very quick. Thanks
Old 03-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VWVR6_T View Post
Thanks for replay, I went with Tekin R1 ESC and a Tekin 55T comp. eng. I saw everyone is using the FXR esc but I found the R1 for cheap besides the R1 can be used with any engine ( brush-less , usensored, brushed) and more adjustment. I guess i'm good to go. Seems like the best place forum for crawlers is RCCrawler.com, I had a response very quick. Thanks
LOL, sounds why I went with the Sidewinder!

YEah, RCC is the crawler place. Good luck man.