R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Crawler Room (https://www.rctech.net/forum/crawler-room-151/)
-   -   My girls 2.2 Unlimited MOA (https://www.rctech.net/forum/crawler-room/476332-my-girls-2-2-unlimited-moa.html)

Krakker 01-28-2011 07:38 PM

My girls 2.2 Unlimited MOA

5 Attachment(s)
Started With some shave Bully cases and turned rear tubes. I gave her my wide track axle set along with a 7950 front servo and a 7955 rear servo. The front servo is direct powered through a 7.4V set BEC and the rear is running through the Futaba rx. (it's working pretty good so far) Front axle is clocked 15* and this thing turns on a dime! Running a T1E V3 moonbuggy chassis and lower links, uppers are Revo push rods bent to please.
Since I changed my comp setup to dual FXR's I gave her my FXR/Punk dig combo. She's also running the new 4PL radio, steering mixing functions are great with this radio. She gets 4 setups, front only, F/R opposite, Crab, and rear only. Motors are 45T's with one step higher pinion up front. Since the rear axle is stock width it's running some narrowed (stock) berg wheels. Offset with them is perfect. Considering it's dual steer, it's pretty light at a bit over 6lb.
On to the pics:

Smiff 24 01-30-2011 11:27 AM

Awsome lookin truck, I like that its 4 wheel steer.

Krakker 01-31-2011 07:09 PM

Thanks, hopefully, we'll get some indoor rock time in this Sat. and I'll get some good pics of it in action.

I just hope she lets me drive it too:rolleyes:.

simplechamp 01-31-2011 07:15 PM

I wish my girlfriend would drive crawlers with me!

Wait... I wish I had a girlfriend...

Wait... I wish I had a crawler...

FML :smile:

ranger_racer 02-05-2011 02:46 PM

Thats awesome. I to wish my G.f. would drive aroudn with me. She pretty much hates the things.

Krakker 02-05-2011 03:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
My girls only 12 (I'm just old dad) but she got a shake down comp today, things were pretty good considering the rear servo was being run through the rx with out a BEC. It would stall out when bound up so I'll have to install the new BEC to replace the burnt up on I took out.
Steering a 2.2 with dual steering axles is totally a blast:p, I wish there was a class for them to run, (I'd have to give her rent for it) I was surprised how well it handled, weight bias was almost perfect, a jump in the front pinion would make things about perfect, (or just give her twin FXR's.) Here's a few pics of her rig on the course.
Using the different steering functions along with the F-N-R digs really make courses easy if you use them right. I found a lot of different ways to make hard lines a cake walk. now I gotta get her rear servo issue settled and this rig is golden.:nod:

kwkride 02-06-2011 06:31 AM

It was fun to see it in action yesterday Rory! :nod:

Krakker 02-06-2011 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by kwkride (Post 8608167)
It was fun to see it in action yesterday Rory! :nod:

Was hoping to see Terresa and Amanda there with you.:(
It was fun to get out with the gang and comp again. Sure was a good turn out.
Thanks again for bringing your LT, I think I'm down to changing out the front motor but atleast my FXR's are in sync.
Rems rig WAS a blast, should be better after I get the 2nd BEC wired in for the rear servo.:D