Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Berg crawler anyone >

Berg crawler anyone

Berg crawler anyone

Old 01-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 443 (100%+)
Default Berg crawler anyone link to photo now.

Does anyone know much about the berg crawler I got one in a trade last night I am going to try to sell it but dont know much about the comp crawlers guy said he paid 600 just for the truck it self and has 150 in motors and elic dig and a castle dig no radio or rx or servo and man is it heavy WOW is it heavy !!!I will post pics later so if you will check back and give your input please.
Try this link it has castle esc a rc4wd dig 3s lipo axles are covered so I dont think they even have a scrach on them

Last edited by paintchip31; 01-07-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: better pics
Old 01-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A Berg is a MOA crawler (Motor on Axle) that the axles themselves are sought after for their quality craftmanship.

You'll probably want to post the rest of the design to give us an idea of chassis type, motors etc to really get a good idea of what it's worth...Ive seen Bergs on a stick chassis built for 75 cents of hardware that a guy tried to sell for a $750.

Depending on the chassis and whether its a quality item (or not) you may get better luck parting items on a crawler based forum.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have a berg comp rig I've been using for about a year and a half and have about $1200 in mine, one of the nice things about a berg is the moa and running dual esc's with a 4pk radio it is one of the best setups out right now, unlimited control on the front and rear axle. You need to check out rccrawler.com there is a ton of info on these rigs and they have there own section, it is the top rig people run and there are alot of mods for these and some people are getting in the mid 5lb weight area mine is around 6lbs. Post up some of your questions and I can probably help you out.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Definantly post some more specs or pics. You can't really get a feel for what a price should be unless you know what you're pricing. Berg axles them selves are sought after for their strength in the MOA crawlers, but just plain Berg axles aren't really anything to say Awe about. "IF" they have super 300 shafts up front, heavy duty 3rd gear, aftermarket rear lock outs AND quality hand wound motors (35T-45T) or steering/bearing/knuckle mods for them you've got around$200-300 worth of axles.
Get some info of what the axles actually have in them and how old things are. And then post some pics.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 443 (100%+)
Default pics

I know pics kinda suck but all I have is my phone to take them !!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Looks like it has a Kamikaze Kustoms chassis and a Punk Dig. I'm curious as to the solid links instead of shocks??? As Krakker mentioned, you might want to check out the front axles to see if it has SDS 300M axles. Here is a pic of what they look like.

Last edited by Zapped; 07-14-2016 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Zapped;8436627]Looks like it has a Kamikaze Kustoms chassis and a Punk Dig. I'm curious as to the solid links instead of shocks??? As Krakker mentioned, you might want to check out the front axles to see if it has SDS 300M axles. Here is a pic of what they look like.[/QU

Torsion chassis