Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Should I buy a Night Crawler >

Should I buy a Night Crawler

Should I buy a Night Crawler

Old 12-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MEDiC View Post
Common Briguy.. respectfully -Thats a pretty bold statement to say we dont know what we are talking about...

I have had, and have seen many many - IE 20 LCC go up in smoke... ESC's catching on fire.. Motors smoking, Worm gears seizing, cvds (3 gen) snapping.. and axles packed full of Lithium grease.. literally melt out of the axle housings.

Even google will report to you over 100 pages of LCC issues.

He asked a question in a public forum.. and he is getting opinions. You saying we dont know what we are talking about.. well my friend.. simply is ignorant. We didnt say that all LCC are junk.. but the majority of them are. its a well known issue that the LCC has had EXTREME issues. What if youre telling this fellow to go get one.. and he happens to get a transmission with the number 887? (1-1000). First gen old stock.

What are you gunna say when he is crying about it? OOPS?

The simple, and not debatable fact is.. the Losi CC is still having issues and is still being re-designed BECAUSE it has had so many issues. Why else would they have 3 Gen parts, working of 4th gen? Yes they are getting better.. and Im not hating at all. But! the fellow is asking for an opinion.. and the majority of the community can tell you.. its not a perfect beginners crawler.
They are not junk like some claim either . Unless some hobby shop hasn`t sold many he most likely will get one with all the correct parts . I just bought another and the serial was in the 5 digit numbers .

Like anything that comes out there will be issues , but if the manufacture bends over backwards to replace the problems there is no harm done .

If you take care of them they run great , it is called maintenance try it some time .

You are correct , he is asking for opinions . He got yours and now has mine !

Last edited by Briguy; 12-04-2010 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Briguy - Im disappointed in your response. Notice in my last post to you - That you quoted, I used the word "respectfully" - to show you common courtesy.

But when you say its "maintenance - try it sometime" - You are being belligerent and rude. There is no need for this. At no time did I call the product "junk".

I am one of the most knowledgeable and well versed folks you will find when it comes to rock crawling - and my opinion does hold its own weight.

Apparently, this is the problem with asking for a public opinion. Self proclaimed "noobs", like yourself in rock crawling .. seem to think they have an educated response, and you let your emotion run your conversation when someone gives a truly educated response from experience of multiple products.

If you did your own research (which im sure youre not interested in) - pointing this budding hobbyist at a LCC for that price will only cause him trouble.. when he could easily spend that much on a brand new RTR shafty from axial. he didnt say he was going into comps.. in fact.. it was just to putter around.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Whatever dude , you know it all .

I am one of the most knowledgeable and well versed folks you will find when it comes to rock crawling - and my opinion does hold its own weight.
Wow are you cocky .
Old 12-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Well, latch on to what you can man.

If me admitting that I have experienced knowledge in the area makes me cocky.. then so be it. I would rather be termed "cocky", then be rude to fellow forum members .
Old 12-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I've had 2 Night Crawlers since they came out. My first one I sold because it was my sportsman rig for last year and I wanted a berg for this year. And my second one I wanted to run sportsman also this summer. Still got the second one and its going strong. Never any problems with either (axles, worms/spools, fires, or heat).

My second one set up:

Holmes BR-XL esc
Holmes Torquemaster 35t handwound motor
Hitec 7955 servo
Rover tires
Crawler Innovations Foams

Crawls like a dream and works good for me.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Briguy - Im disappointed in your response. Notice in my last post to you - That you quoted, I used the word "respectfully" - to show you common courtesy.

But when you say its "maintenance - try it sometime" - You are being belligerent and rude. There is no need for this. At no time did I call the product "junk".

Apparently, this is the problem with asking for a public opinion. Self proclaimed "noobs", like yourself in rock crawling .. seem to think they have an educated response, and you let your emotion run your conversation when someone gives a truly educated response from experience of multiple products.

If you did your own research (which im sure youre not interested in) - pointing this budding hobbyist at a LCC for that price will only cause him trouble.. when he could easily spend that much on a brand new RTR shafty from axial. he didnt say he was going into comps.. in fact.. it was just to putter around.
What an Assial Fanboy,my LCC didn't have any of the problems you mentioned, I can't even look at Assials there terrible in looks and even worse in perfomance,just look at how they have there links set up
Old 12-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

..... your opinion holds its weight in _ _ _ _ ............................................. need I say more
Old 12-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by iTz IAN View Post
..... your opinion holds its weight in _ _ _ _ ............................................. need I say more

Well opinions are like a***oles arent they? the world is full of em
Old 12-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

you were made out of all of them
Old 12-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLYING BONES View Post
First, Sorry for the question i'm sure their are answers too...i'll start reading as soon as I post this but I'm being offered a NC at @ $225 that's "like new" and I know you guys will shoot straight.

I dont see crawling comps anytime soon, just playin...seems like more fun than a micro scale short course for around the house though, and the led's are cool.

I currently have 5000mah 40c 7.4v lipos...will these work in it?
Wow did this thread go off track in a hurry, like the first response.

People, the OP was asking about the NightCrawler not the CompCrawler. The NightCrawler is quite a bit different than the LCC and yes it does share most of the drivetrain but the trans is totally different.

I comp'd a LCC for two seasons and it is a competent competitor. Yes, it needs to be maintained but all crawlers need to be maintained.

Yes a big battery raises the center of gravity but the NC has a battery tray that fits the larger packs and for puttering around it's fine, no need to run out and buy new batteries and chargers.

One of our club members runs his NC in our Sprotsman class (no DIG or MOA). He actually does better with the NC than his LCC.

Again this is only my opinion based on my experience with two years of Losi comping. BTW I had Gen 1 and it worked great with the new axles and the non-slipper gear.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by iTz IAN View Post
you were made out of all of them
ohhhhhhh - ahhhhhhhhh... oh that hurt..

my dead gramma smack talks better than your attempt

Why dont you stay on track and try to help the fellow asking the question ? Go try to intimidate someone who cares.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I LOVE MINE !!! I put weights in the front wheels and a small lipo battery in the front of the battery tray and I have a blast with it . I personally dont like the AX10 but I dont own one so I can really bash it too much ive drove one a handfull of times but I like my LNC better . I dont comp and I just play but its a blast . ive run it for way too long (hour and a half ) and the motors gotten a little hot but the axles never even got past luke warm and it never glitched or had a problem . the stock servo will get worn out pretty quick when you put weight in the wheels but thats gonna be that case with any RTR crawler . I just changed the servo to a hobbico high torque and its pretty cool it can really push the truck around with the sides of the tires .