Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Scale Crawler - Wreckluse Low Rider >

Scale Crawler - Wreckluse Low Rider

Scale Crawler - Wreckluse Low Rider

Old 05-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Scale Crawler - Wreckluse Low Rider

Here's my 62PyroWreckluse LowRider's 1st Outdoor Run Video. This Belly Dragger ride height is at 42mm/1.62in. Thanks to Pyro62, the Wreckluse chassis is secially customized with an integrated a custom grille, a winch mount, a steering servo mount on the frame, and a Gear Reduction unit and a transfer case.

The scale version of the Poison Spyder runs on Ax10 axles and tranny. Ring and Pinion, Lockers, and Tranny gears are all HD, both enclosed in billet aluminum cases. It got CVD and TTR-MIP steel driveshafts.

Rig is Powered by Tekin FXR, Holmes Hobbies 7T Cobalt Puller, Flight Power EvoLite 1325 3S Lipo, Castle Creation BEC, and JR z9100HV High Voltage servo. Wheels are Mayhem Engineering 1.9 prototype. Tires are RC4WD 1.9 Rox Lox. Working winch is from Montana Scale Designs - MSD.

Hope you enjoy the pictures and video, Thanks for viewing!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

COOL, pics/vid thanks for posting.

I've got one of those I need to finish. Built it over the winter and have a scaler Wrangler to get my crawling fix so I never devoted the time needed to finish it.

It's a roller with built Axial axles and trans. G-Transition shocks with full droop. What shocks are on yours? I'm running same 1.9 Rok Lok's but RC4WD steel stock wagon spoke BL's.
Got a Goat 3s and 18.5 for it. Still need a servo,paint and mount body and build interior, install electronics.

Since it warmed up and outdoor offroad racing has started up again around here my crawlers have been put on the shelf.

After seeing your pics and vid I may just have to get mine out and finish it.

Thanks Bill
Old 05-17-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pussyliquor View Post
That's a really neat and capable truck,good work mate
Thanks Bro! Did take a couple of months the roller, testing, tuning, and repbuilding. I went 1.9 for the scale look and was quite ecstatic to see the rig rock crawl quite realistically.

Originally Posted by transambill View Post
COOL, pics/vid thanks for posting.

I've got one of those I need to finish. Built it over the winter and have a scaler Wrangler to get my crawling fix so I never devoted the time needed to finish it.

It's a roller with built Axial axles and trans. G-Transition shocks with full droop. What shocks are on yours? I'm running same 1.9 Rok Lok's but RC4WD steel stock wagon spoke BL's.
Got a Goat 3s and 18.5 for it. Still need a servo,paint and mount body and build interior, install electronics.

Since it warmed up and outdoor offroad racing has started up again around here my crawlers have been put on the shelf.

After seeing your pics and vid I may just have to get mine out and finish it.

Thanks Bill
Hi Bill thank you for your kind words. It does take time to get things together and done the way you wanted to.

I've actually tried-out the traxxas big bores and Losi crawler. Key was the length needed to gain good articulation but tuned to allow very low stance.
(The tuber chassis is a bit top heavy and can easily topple at an incline.)

I ended-up using the Losi Crawler, yook out the springs, installed some fuel rubber tubes to limit expansion and compression of the shocks. The shocks are installed vertically straight.

I did a brushless and loved the speed but thought that it lacked the drag brake needed for rock crawling. So I switched to a HH 7T Cobalt Puller for greater low-end torque, an FXR for the small footprint and sweet drag-brake, and powered up with the Thunder Power 2250 45C/90C 3S Lipo for faster wheel speed.

I'm really glad that the thread has encouraged you to finish you project. Please don't hesitate to ask if you will have more questions as you complete your project.

I'd love to see some pictures and video of your rig, as well.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Please enjoy the short version, as well. Thanks for Viewing.