Wiki Posts
Search

Crawling in Thousand Oaks/Newbury park/Moorpark

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Crawling in Thousand Oaks/Newbury park/Moorpark

Anyone with crawlers out in these areas I was talking with the guys at Marty's Hobbies and they said there should be some people out in that area on here . I have an AX10 and am semi-skilled and was wondering if there was any simple "drives" or anything that you guys did. Driving alone gets a tad boring after a while I have found that:
By Pepper Tree Park, on the other side of the road, is a large hill that i used to climb up with a friend, has a lot of neat rock outcroppings, good for scalers and 2.2's
Conejo Creek Park North, behind the Thousand Oaks Library has some nice granite to crawl as well as some sharp rocks held in place with "shotcrete" (incredible grip)
So if anyone knows of people who drive in these areas... let me know, im dying to find others to crawl with
Old 05-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Hey, whats up. In that area, usually Balboa park is pretty good. There's rocks and dirt on the adjacent lot next to the RC air field.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mikeb8om8
Hey, whats up. In that area, usually Balboa park is pretty good. There's rocks and dirt on the adjacent lot next to the RC air field.
Hmm last time I checked that looks a "tad" far from my house For me I am "limited" to things I can get to via my bike and public transit... right now though the car is down with a broken c-hub... again. I am going to see if I can maybe arrange some kind of "competiton" with either Brooker Tracker, or Marty's hobbies, or both
Old 05-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You should check out http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ You'll get boatloads of information there about your rig and crawl spots.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Talk to the guys out at the track in Camarillo some of them crawl.They go to a place on the right side of the ventura theatre off jonhson dr.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yea behind the johnson drive theater in ventura is one of the most epic crawling spots ever. more crawling then youll know what to do with i know its far but keep an eye out on the roadrunnersrc.com forums in the crawler section and maybe post up when people are going, i know people come from TO so maybe you could hitch a ride from someone meeting at BTRC or martys.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I live in T.O as well. you should check out the Wild wood open space, I have found plenty of places to crawl. in the park there is one trail called "stagecoach bluff trail" couple of pretty good spots to crawl. too bad it was raining today, or else I would have taken the wraith out for a run.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Calvino
Hmm last time I checked that looks a "tad" far from my house For me I am "limited" to things I can get to via my bike and public transit... right now though the car is down with a broken c-hub... again. I am going to see if I can maybe arrange some kind of "competiton" with either Brooker Tracker, or Marty's hobbies, or both
I have an ax10 as well, where do u usually go to?