Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
32p spur that bolts up to ax/scx10 trans? >

32p spur that bolts up to ax/scx10 trans?

32p spur that bolts up to ax/scx10 trans?

Old 03-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default 32p spur that bolts up to ax/scx10 trans?

With my 2.2 mud slingers, heavy scale body, vxl system and all steel driveline going thru mud and sand I have stripped 2 spur gears in 2 days. Does anybody know of any 32p spur gears that would bolt up to the scx10 tranny? I think it would hold up better. My buddy ran a aluminum spur in his and thought it would fix the problem but he stipped that too today with a similar setup. Any info is greatly appreciated. T
Old 03-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Here is an idea of the dry stuff i put it thru. Will make a new vid of it in mud. Mine is the yellow H2 hummer. T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8xkPfg2QUc
Old 03-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Initiate

I am not sure on the 32 pitch gear but I do have an answer on how to fix the gear stripping problem. What you need is a thicker motor plate. The stock plate flexes under a heavy load allowing the gears to slip and strip. A .125" thick motor plate made of 6061 or 7075 will stop the stripped spurs and add extra material to act as a heat sink for the motor.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

any of the old traxxas stuff will bolt up... i would take your spur and match it to a 32p spur.... not sure of what pinion to start with
Old 04-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Rookie

i used the traxxas jato 32p i drilled out the three holes a little bigger so the pins on the spur gear holder would oulf fit then drilled out the three screw holes i did that and the only time i stripped one was when my motor came lose. im runnin the traxxas vxl-3s brushless system in my truck with 7.4 2cell lipo and 3cell 11.1 lipo i just put the new emaxx tranmsission with 2 speed kit bc my ax10 trans keep strippin with the harden gears