Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
I Need Help In Building My Crawler >

I Need Help In Building My Crawler

I Need Help In Building My Crawler

Old 04-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am digging this old post up because I have finally finished my scale crawler. And I said I would post pictures when I was done! So here it is!

So I have been building this scale crawler for about 3 moths. I never showed anyone till it was done.
The truck is bases off a Losi Mini Crawler, which is the running gear only.
The entire truck was custom made, starting with the Chassis. I made the chassis out of some old puck board from a hockey arena. Almost like a delrin type material. Very flexible and easy to cut with a scroll saw. The front and rear bumpers are from a Revo, the rims are HPI on road rims, the tires are Losi claw (I think). Custom made roof rack, links, and servo plates. Kind of sounds normal right, well the body is what makes this truck unique among the other Frankenstein parts it is a on road Austin Mini Body.

The truck is at my local hobby shop on display. Here are some pictures I took today:

Old 04-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Emsley View Post
I am digging this old post up because I have finally finished my scale crawler. And I said I would post pictures when I was done! So here it is!

So I have been building this scale crawler for about 3 moths. I never showed anyone till it was done.
The truck is bases off a Losi Mini Crawler, which is the running gear only.
The entire truck was custom made, starting with the Chassis. I made the chassis out of some old puck board from a hockey arena. Almost like a delrin type material. Very flexible and easy to cut with a scroll saw. The front and rear bumpers are from a Revo, the rims are HPI on road rims, the tires are Losi claw (I think). Custom made roof rack, links, and servo plates. Kind of sounds normal right, well the body is what makes this truck unique among the other Frankenstein parts it is a on road Austin Mini Body.

The truck is at my local hobby shop on display. Here are some pictures I took today:

MAN! That is awesome!
Mine is still halted.
Busy with schools and study now... wait for my sem break then go for this...