Rock Crawlers Only >

Rock Crawlers Only

Like Tree4Likes

Rock Crawlers Only

Old 08-31-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default Rock Crawlers Only

Alright fellas lets get the rocks rolling if they may. I've search forum after forum and can't find answers to questions that I or even some of you have. I have been refered to other sites. This is the site I use to research my R/C car info. I want to use for ROCK CRAWLING also.

Let's post are questions and answers for making, researching, and creating, finding info for our trail making beauties here.

I have a Jugg based crawler that works quite well and is RTR. It does have it modifications to make it perform as I like it to. How can I post pics of my current crawler?

My other crawler is a different story though. I am having trouble with the steering servo. When stressed on steering next to a rock or any pressure on the servo causes it to shake back and forth. The only way to stop it is to turn off the ESC and back on again. Once it does the same thing a couple more times, it will keep on doing this. I have to shut the crawler down for it to cool off a while. Should I run a seperate receiver pack or something? Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Is anyone here?
Old 09-06-2006, 03:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Angry

no
Old 09-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yep!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

where have all the rock crawlers gone?
Old 09-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Either these guys are not up to date with rock crawling or they have been using other sites for it. Some guys have no idea what they are missing.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

I guess the crawlers here (if there are any) are more active on those "dedicated" sites like rccrawlers.com.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

I've been on rccrawler but i don't want to register there also. I see other sites but unless I see no other choice, I will stay on RcTech as my home site for rc insight. I know the guys here are knowledgable, but seem to be afraid of posting. C'mon out crawler dudes. Where are you? Step up to the plate, this thread will be great because there is only this thread regarding crawlers.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I got a crawler!!!

Old 09-09-2006, 03:25 AM
Tech Champion

That is very nice. Looks as if it is based on the TLT, w/moabs. How low is the gear ratio? Locked or unlocked? I have trouble with my crawler twichting after I apply too much stress on steering servo. Have to turn speedo off then on again to get rid of it. Any ideas?

How do I upload pics of my truck? I see the insert image but am I suppose to type the path to my picture or ?
Old 09-09-2006, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Yes it is a TLT-1 with moabs

all gears are stock, never really figured out the gear ratio

and i'm not sure about that. I've never had a problem with that. I have 2 metal geared servos that work great no matter what

and to upload your pics, you can do it by the attatch files in the "additional options" below, or as i do set up an account at photobucket.com that is free, upload them to there, and copy and paste the [IMG] [/IMG] link.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HotrodHopkins

to upload your pics, you can do it by the attatch files in the "additional options" below, or as i do set up an account at photobucket.com that is free, upload them to there, and copy and paste the [IMG] [/IMG] link.
I'll try that, thanks.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Here are pics of my TLT cralwer with a SW2 chassis pede trans and geared at 12/87.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I got a crawler project going. It's a solid axle shafty with all custom one off parts right down to the axle housing and tranny. It's still under constrution and I have had time to work on it for a while but, the outdoor offroad season will be done for me in about a month and I will have time to get it done. Still have the tranny to design and machine. I started a tread on rccrawler with the whole build up to this point but haven't posted there in months.

Here's a pic.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1 Xtreme R/C
I got a crawler project going. It's a solid axle shafty with all custom one off parts right down to the axle housing and tranny. It's still under constrution and I have had time to work on it for a while but, the outdoor offroad season will be done for me in about a month and I will have time to get it done. Still have the tranny to design and machine. I started a tread on rccrawler with the whole build up to this point but haven't posted there in months.

Here's a pic.

Do you have a link to your build? I am building one right now too, and I am really interested in your axles. I am using a REVO tranny, so I have real working brakes to hold myself when I get in trouble, and TMAXX spool diffs. But I just can't decide how to make up my axles.

I started a thread like this a month ago:

Old Rock Crawling thread

Nobody jumped on board, so I am glad to see someone got a rock crawl'n thread going. I think this is one fun segment of RC!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.