Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Capra/Hobbywing Fusion/Spare Time Hobbies or Vader skid >

Capra/Hobbywing Fusion/Spare Time Hobbies or Vader skid

Capra/Hobbywing Fusion/Spare Time Hobbies or Vader skid

Old 09-17-2022, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default Capra/Hobbywing Fusion/Spare Time Hobbies or Vader skid

Swapping some electronics around and would like to put one of my Fusions in my Capra. Itís the 1800kv, not the new slightly shorter 2300 Pro. Iíve scoured the forums and videos to see if either of these skids will allow this motor to work without grinding, cutting, etc. One video the owner claimed with the Spare Time Hobbies skid worked without any alterations. Most say minor modifications needed with either skid. Slightly leaning towards the Spare Time Hobbies skid for this reason but willing to get either. I donít mind making slight alterations if needed. Anyone have first hand experience with either of these skids paired with a Hobbywing Fusion 1800 in a Capra? Plan on using stock Capra gearbox but not ruling out getting a 3 gear adapter (Vader) and one of those Vanquish ďknock offĒ 3 gear w/dig transmissions if that makes more sense.
Old 09-18-2022, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Went ahead and ordered the Spare Time Hobbies center skid. Will see how the Fusion 1800 fits when it arrives.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Swapped out the stock center skid for the Spare Time Hobbies Capra skid (using stock Capra trans) and the 1800 Fusion DID fit. The right rear link riser was very close to the motor but I could see daylight between the two. Will get it all buttoned up another night because that things a pain in the buttocks to work on.
Old 09-25-2022, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Just to be safe I slightly bevelled the inside of the right rear link riser. As mentioned, it fit without any grinding but was very close and the small amount of grinding did not affect any of the link mounting holes or compromise the area in any way. Could only fit a 11 tooth pinion without grinding the gearbox which I didn’t want to do. Since everything is apart figured it’s a good time to check ring/pinion mesh and rebuild the shocks.