My DB48

Old 05-03-2021, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default My DB48

Been racing RC 40 years off and on, mainly 1/10th 2wd offroad. Some friends was into crawler, rock racers, and bouncers, got me interested so I grabbed a Ryft and caught the bug. Wanted some with 4 wheel independent suspension and look at the Laser nut and Tenicity DB pro and decided to go with a race kit. Choose to start with a Tekno SCT410.3 and go from there.

Stayed with the stock 410.3 chassis for now and used the cage and body panels from the Tenicity DB pro. Have the cage mounted and an RC8B3E wing and wing mount. Body panels should be here tomorrow. With how hard to get and expensive the cages and body panels are I also set it up with a Pro line Megalon lexan body.

For tires I mounted a set of Pro line Hyrax SCXLs and a set of Jcon Scorpions both on Jcon SC wheels. Had to cut the back side of the Scorpions to fit the 3.0 side of the SC wheels.

Had to modify the motor plate to take a 12 tooth pinion, stock the smallest I could get to work was a 14 and I thought that would be to high with the 6" Scorpions tires. Will check motor temps and adjust from there.

Played a little on a dirt pile to try it out with the Hyrax tires and it did fairly well. Hoping saturday to go with some friends and hit some quad and SxS hill climbs and put it to the test against some Ryfts, Bombers, Rock reys, and modified Yetis.

Here are a few pictures.