Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Is this room dead or is everyone just being quiet? >

Is this room dead or is everyone just being quiet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree15Likes

Is this room dead or is everyone just being quiet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 05:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Is this room dead or is everyone just being quiet?

I was pretty surprised when I had 5 posts in a day and they have stood as the most recent post for several days. I know I am the new guy and have no real basis for saying so, but just trying to gauge if this is normal and no one uses this room anymore or if it has just been a quiet couple of days.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Things have been on slower side for the past month. Think a lot of tracks got closed down again. Traffic here has been up and down all year. Now a then a certain thread topic will get really active for a few days.

Unfortunately, a large percentage in the past few years have moved to smaller Facebook groups more specific to the vehicle or track people use/race at.

I’m not into the crawler side of the hobby. The few I knew were more active in their Facebook groups
GorillaDad likes this.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

I didn’t join here until after I stopped crawling as much. I’m thinking about selling my Ascender at the moment and putting those funds towards my MF-01, Wheely King crawler, Telluride, and AX-10 turned SCX10 since those will be my “lifers” on the crawling side of the hobby like my Stampede is on the basher side, though after seeing some of the Tamiya Dynahead trail truck builds, it has me thinking......
Old 12-23-2020, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I feel like any of the non racing or car specific threads are always very quiet on this site. Which sucks for me because I'm not a racer and just want to talk about crawlers and bashers.
BJoe and GorillaDad like this.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Like many other forums, all have slowed down because of FB. But I still enjoy lurking, posting and sharing on forums than on FB to be honest. Call me old-school but there's more harmony, respect and passion in forums than FB posts that becomes forgotten a few days/weeks after posting. There's more bragging/showing-off in FB than sharing. It's also harder to search specific topics in FB once they've been overlapped with many new posts.
Big_Show and TurboThirdGen like this.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
Like many other forums, all have slowed down because of FB. But I still enjoy lurking, posting and sharing on forums than on FB to be honest. Call me old-school but there's more harmony, respect and passion in forums than FB posts that becomes forgotten a few days/weeks after posting. There's more bragging/showing-off in FB than sharing. It's also harder to search specific topics in FB once they've been overlapped with many new posts.
I really do not care for FB and not just in this sense but at all. I don't get the appeal and feel it's just a platform to show others how self-centered you can be (at least for the most part).
King DORK, themountain and 3dxspin like this.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GorillaDad
I really do not care for FB and not just in this sense but at all. I don't get the appeal and feel it's just a platform to show others how self-centered you can be (at least for the most part).
You aren't wrong. That being said if you find the right "groups" or "pages" you can improve what you see from day to day. Find like minded individuals, share information much like a forum but with a more chaotic format.

I stopped crawling years ago when I got out of RC. Now that I am working my way back in to it, Axial doesn't make the XR10 kit anymore (I loved that thing) and I was never interested in the "scale" aspects. With the kid being interested in the faster stuff, it is likely we will stay with short course and buggy.
GorillaDad likes this.
Old 12-24-2020, 06:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Or the same questions get asked over and over and over. Sometimes on the same day

I tried to not use Facebook. But it’s where the brands have moved to. Also for tracks.
themountain and GorillaDad like this.
Old 12-24-2020, 06:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Raguvian
I feel like any of the non racing or car specific threads are always very quiet on this site. Which sucks for me because I'm not a racer and just want to talk about crawlers and bashers.
Unfortunately the one good basher based forum shutdown 5 years ago. Rctech has always been more race oriented.
Raguvian likes this.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Unfortunately the one good basher based forum shutdown 5 years ago. Rctech has always been more race oriented.
For sure, I'm not trying to take anything away from rctech. I just feel like most other forums are completely dead. RCU and rccrawler are fairly quiet now and as you said several other forums have shut down or are completely dead.

I also hate how facebook organizes (or doesn't organize) content in groups. It makes it very hard to find anything, and posting updates or build threads is basically impossible. I really prefer forums and wish they would make a comeback.

Or maybe I should get into racing so I can participate in the threads here more.
AHR43 and GorillaDad like this.
Old 12-24-2020, 11:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by NITROTENSCT
You aren't wrong. That being said if you find the right "groups" or "pages" you can improve what you see from day to day. Find like minded individuals, share information much like a forum but with a more chaotic format.

I stopped crawling years ago when I got out of RC. Now that I am working my way back in to it, Axial doesn't make the XR10 kit anymore (I loved that thing) and I was never interested in the "scale" aspects. With the kid being interested in the faster stuff, it is likely we will stay with short course and buggy.
Not sure how old your is, but mine love building courses, painting and even making the kits. Sometimes they like driving too but its not usually the biggest draw for them.

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Or the same questions get asked over and over and over. Sometimes on the same day

I tried to not use Facebook. But it’s where the brands have moved to. Also for tracks.
I am sorry to hear this, looks like I missed the good days!
Old 12-24-2020, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

I never got into Facebook, mainly due to lack of interest in the medium, though with some of my out of state relatives..........I’d rather not have some of their nonsense show up on a feed that I’m attached to....
GorillaDad likes this.
Old 12-26-2020, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

I don't post much on here, all the local groups are on Facebook no a days.
Old 12-29-2020, 03:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not sure how old your is, but mine love building courses, painting and even making the kits. Sometimes they like driving too but its not usually the biggest draw for them.

I am sorry to hear this, looks like I missed the good days!
Mine is 9, and he would rather run around the track marshalling than anything else.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Did you ever build yourself a Dynahead? I got one last year and found it to be a pretty sweet vehicle. So much torque too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.