Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Perfect body for the Traxxas TRX4 kit? >

Perfect body for the Traxxas TRX4 kit?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dan

Perfect body for the Traxxas TRX4 kit?

Old 09-13-2020, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Perfect body for the Traxxas TRX4 kit?

Hi all,
I just purchased the Traxxas TRX4 kit and now I am searching for a body for this kit. Why on earth did Traxxas made the wheelbase shorter of the kit version?? It is hard to find a body that perfectly fits this kit. I know that the Bronco body will fit but it has an insane price! Will the body of the Sport version fit the kit chasis? I want a body that fits this chasis without removing the inner fenders.
Killerbody has a nice Toyota body but it only fits the chasis with the longer wheelbase unfortunately. Really disappointed that Traxxas made the wheelbase shorter making it harder to find a body that fits the kit version. I don't want a body where I would have to cut the fenders.
What options are there regarding bodies for the kit version?

Old 09-14-2020, 04:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nobody who can answer my question?
Old 09-14-2020, 06:42 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

What do you mean shorter. The kit wheelbase should be 12.3" which is almost what all other crawlers are at. There are tons of bodies that fit. There are other TRX4 kits with a 12.8" wheelbase.

It is possible to do a 11.8" wheelbase too but I think none of the TRX4 kits come with that wheelbase out of the box.

Old 09-15-2020, 11:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
There are tons of bodies that fit.
The most bodies specially designed for the Traxxas TRX4 are for the 12.8 inch wheelbase version. For instance the Killerbodies. I don't want to trim the inner fenders or body to fit the chasis. It must be a perfect fit. I have been told that the body of the Traxxas TRX4 Sport kit will fit but I will have to exchange the inner fenders for the narrower ones.

Old 09-15-2020, 02:59 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Well if you want to keep your inner fenders, then that severely limits your choices since its Traxxas body specific. That goes with any crawler, not just the TRX4.

And even non-Traxxas bodies designed for the 12.8 TRX4, you most likely will not be able to use those inner fenders. Majority of 12.3 wheelbase bodies will fit the TRX4, even if it does not explicitly state so. I have a Pro-line Ford Raptor body on my TRX4 with no inner fenders.

I just upgraded my TRX4 Sport kit to the inner fenders and then you still have to buy the extensions if you want to have full coverage using the stock TRX4 sport kit body. (Traxxas part number 8080 and 8081). I've finally gotten around to starting to paint the stock body.
themountain likes this.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Default aliex

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...archweb201603_

Jeep Cherokee

Cheapest I could find for 313mm wheelbase