Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
slipper eliminator >

slipper eliminator

slipper eliminator

Old 02-14-2020, 09:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default slipper eliminator

I know what a slipper is for and how it works- BUT as in my full size off offroad SCOUT there is an advantage for a locker and sometimes a locked diff- SO I have all metal gears in my trans and metal drive shafts and this slipper is well slipping way too much even cranked down- This is surely gonna be a basher crawler but I would like some updated info I like this one and it got good reviews
Slipper Eliminator Kit - SCX10 II
any other opinions? Tnaks in advance- Vic in SoCal
Old 02-16-2020, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

if it's slipping way too much, it's either not set correctly or worn out.

The slipper is not there as a performance item or tuning option like a buggy, it's there to prevent drivetrain damage. Basically if a wheel is bound up, the slipper should be a fail safe and "give" before an axle snaps or other bad things happen. Should never slip in normal driving.

I personally run slippers on all my trail trucks and crawlers as a fail safe - even on 2S and relatively low power. However if you want to bypass, that's a great option - about as good as it gets. LURC makes great parts.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the response- I have only run this over 4x4 pieces of wood blocks- I see other crawlers walk up wall and I'm wondering how do they do that? BTW i'm an old nube to rockcrawling-
Old 02-21-2020, 08:57 PM
Tech Initiate

If anyone is monitering this thread- I took my buggy out to the rocks and it...ROCKED!! I guess it just needed to be out in the real world to give real word results- It was so much fun and the slipper only slipped when the truck got really stuck like once- I believe if the slipper eliminator was in place some serious (?) damage may could have happened-