Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
Gen7 Sport unstable at speed >

Gen7 Sport unstable at speed

Gen7 Sport unstable at speed

Old 03-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Gen7 Sport unstable at speed

What can be done? I'm sure my Gen7 isn't stock, its considerably faster than my stock everest 10. Figure if one does 5mph the Gen7 is going 10mph. The motor looks stock and the battery is 6cell. Anyhow, I like the speed its perfect, I know one part of the problem is the esc braking is at 100% so I'll flip when I'm at top speed and let off on the controller. I can also do wheelies if I have enough traction.

Its fast enough that on the grass it rolls over on turns, which is annoying. And that's what I want to fix. Thoughts?
Old 03-10-2019, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sazzlefrats View Post
What can be done? I'm sure my Gen7 isn't stock, its considerably faster than my stock everest 10. Figure if one does 5mph the Gen7 is going 10mph. The motor looks stock and the battery is 6cell. Anyhow, I like the speed its perfect, I know one part of the problem is the esc braking is at 100% so I'll flip when I'm at top speed and let off on the controller. I can also do wheelies if I have enough traction.

Its fast enough that on the grass it rolls over on turns, which is annoying. And that's what I want to fix. Thoughts?
Most crawlers will traction roll at high speed. Your best bet is to drop down a few teeth on the pinion. Is the speed control stock or did you change it out? If its stock you can change the drag break from on to off by moving the jumper pin.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HI sazzlefrats, first thing I'd like to say is that the words 'Gen7' and 'speed' don't belong in the same sentence. I had to modify a spur gear to get a little more speed out of mine. I had an annoying tipping problem as well. Part of the problem is that it is top heavy by design. The battery box is way to high. There is a video somewhere in this "crawler room" on how to help you with this problem. It is not an 100% remedy but it helps. I tried this and well also install some aluminum rims in order to get a little more weight closer to the ground.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:35 PM
Bri
Tech Regular

Switching to a light weight LiPo like a Gens ace 7.4V 4000mAh battery is a good way to lower the center of gravity on the Gen7.

Brian