Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Crawler Room
TRAXXAS TRX4 SPORT BODY & BUMPER MODS UPGRADE FOR BETTER CRAWLING ABILITY! >

TRAXXAS TRX4 SPORT BODY & BUMPER MODS UPGRADE FOR BETTER CRAWLING ABILITY!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By reptile
  • 2 Post By OverGeared
  • 1 Post By reptile
  • 1 Post By OverGeared
  • 1 Post By reptile

TRAXXAS TRX4 SPORT BODY & BUMPER MODS UPGRADE FOR BETTER CRAWLING ABILITY!

Old 12-10-2018, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Thumbs up TRAXXAS TRX4 SPORT BODY & BUMPER MODS UPGRADE FOR BETTER CRAWLING ABILITY!

Much better like this!
soze likes this.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Raise both side sliders

Right rear side of the slider (do the same for the left side)

Right front side of the slider (do the same for the left side)

After trimming the side of the truck's body

You can raise those left and right side rock sliders to improve the clearance on the truck' sides.
Either use an M3x10mm aluminum spacers - (Lumenier M3 x 10mm Aluminum No Thread Spacers Standoffs - 10 Pack 5043)
or
- buy a hollow aluminum or brass hollow tubing from your local hardware store then saw them at 8mm or 10mm height (make 8 pieces of same length)
or
- in my case, I just used the spare hollow metal balls for my E-Revo, you can buy or order 2 packs of these (each pack has 4 pieces) - (Traxxas Revo Hollow Ball)

You will then need to replace the bolts and replace them with M3x16mm button head bolt (cap head bolt will also do) - (M3 x 16mm (0.5mm), Button Head Socket Cap Screw Bolt, A2 18-8 Stainless Steel)

Now, you will cut the side of the truck's body to the top line of the stickers below the doors (see picture).
Dave_S and punkindrublik like this.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OverGeared View Post

Right rear side of the slider (do the same for the left side)

Right front side of the slider (do the same for the left side)

After trimming the side of the truck's body

You can raise those left and right side rock sliders to improve the clearance on the truck' sides.
Either use an M3x10mm aluminum spacers - (Lumenier M3 x 10mm Aluminum No Thread Spacers Standoffs - 10 Pack 5043)
or
- buy a hollow aluminum or brass hollow tubing from your local hardware store then saw them at 8mm or 10mm height (make 8 pieces of same length)
or
- in my case, I just used the spare hollow metal balls for my E-Revo, you can buy or order 2 packs of these (each pack has 4 pieces) - (Traxxas Revo Hollow Ball)

You will then need to replace the bolts and replace them with M3x16mm button head bolt (cap head bolt will also do) - (M3 x 16mm (0.5mm), Button Head Socket Cap Screw Bolt, A2 18-8 Stainless Steel)

Now, you will cut the side of the truck's body to the top line of the stickers below the doors (see picture).
Nice I was thinking of doing that also. I just tested it out today and man so much better than stock I would never put it back to stock ever again!
punkindrublik likes this.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This truck performs very well straight out of the box. It can do even better with these modification. The included tires, motor and ESC surprisingly does what it is suppose to do. I upgraded the steering servo with the JX CLS-12V7346 and I run this truck on 3S.

King DORK likes this.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OverGeared View Post
This truck performs very well straight out of the box. It can do even better with these modification. The included tires, motor and ESC surprisingly does what it is suppose to do. I upgraded the steering servo with the JX CLS-12V7346 and I run this truck on 3S.

Yes servo is the weak spot on the truck...those 20KG blue waterproof Power HD servos are great for just over $20.00!
michaels tc likes this.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Nice mod!
Old 05-28-2019, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

I'm thinking about doing this to my Tactical. Just gave it a peek see and should work all the same. Be nice to get the bumpers up and in. Front one sticks out like a diving board.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Did the mod to the front bumper on my Tactical. Wow! Just by eyeballing it the truck looks night and day different. Should make approaching obstacles so much easier. Thanks for this tip! Got one of those HD 23kg waterproof servos to swap in too as soon a I pick up a Castle BEC.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Got bored so tackled the rear bumper on my TRX4 Tactical today. Was a little more involved than the front because the rear of the body has 2 posts that key into the rear bumper and I wanted to still use these. Mod raised the bumper a whole inch which should help a ton. Gonna throw in a Power HD 23kg waterproof servo in next. Loving this truck already and the bumper mods should make it a lot better!
Old 08-21-2019, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Seems like the bumpers on the Sport are a little different than on the Tactical. They don't stick out as far. Did the front and rear bumper mods on the Tactical and the Sport looks like the bumpers are still higher in stock form. Not sure if the bumper mounts are different on the 2 trucks as well but I'll be checking that out soon. Nonetheless, gonna swap the Tactical bumpers for the Sport ones for better approach angle.