RGT ,ECX,FTX MINI CRAWLER MOTOR UPGRADE

RGT ,ECX,FTX MINI CRAWLER MOTOR UPGRADE

Old 12-30-2017, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Thumbs up RGT ,ECX,FTX MINI CRAWLER MOTOR UPGRADE

Just got this in...
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for sharing everything you have been doing with this micro. I've been following along since you first started posting about it.

To me, this little truck needs the ability to run at much slower minimum rpm to really run like it should as a scale-ish type crawler vehicle. I have no idea if that is possible with available components??? It would be really cool if the thing could actually 'crawl'!
Old 12-31-2017, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RGunn View Post
Thanks for sharing everything you have been doing with this micro. I've been following along since you first started posting about it.

To me, this little truck needs the ability to run at much slower minimum rpm to really run like it should as a scale-ish type crawler vehicle. I have no idea if that is possible with available components??? It would be really cool if the thing could actually 'crawl'!
Thank you very much, I have a 8T pinion headed my way and if I can mod the gearbox so I could get the 8T to mesh I think this will give you much more power because going from the stock 12T pinion gear to the 10T really helped a lot. Another note is I think the esc in this is not to good and has like a dead spot in middle throttle range and a normal ESC would probably give you smoother power response throughout the full throttle range. we will have to see if the 8T pinion works!
Old 12-31-2017, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does the transmitter have a 'throttle trim'? If it has a forward/reverse centering trim knob you can adjust the balance between forward & reverse to allow a smoother application from the ESC. Sometimes the throttle trim knob itself appears to be centered but is actually causing a bit more 'punch' one direction over the other.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RGunn View Post
Does the transmitter have a 'throttle trim'? If it has a forward/reverse centering trim knob you can adjust the balance between forward & reverse to allow a smoother application from the ESC. Sometimes the throttle trim knob itself appears to be centered but is actually causing a bit more 'punch' one direction over the other.
Hi it's not the radio it feels like the esc is just cheap and don't have a good throttle response, guy's think it's the motor and that's why we keep trying smaller pinions but I honestly feel if you ran micro normal electronics and a esc it would run much better.
Old 12-31-2017, 04:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

When ya consider the small diameter of everything from the tires to the gears, maybe it's not possible to get that little brushed motor to turn slow enough to actually 'crawl'??? Just thoughts..., I don't know???

At any rate, it's a neat looking little truck!