Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Talking HSP RGT ADVENTURER 1/24 like ECX mini barrage

things cool!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by reptile; 12-05-2017 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the vid review! Neat little truck.

I was searching for it on ATees based on the name of your post but couldn't find it. Finally, I learned it's 'RGT', not "RTG".
Old 12-05-2017, 04:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Great unboxing! I have the same one coming in yellow. It's not clear on Asia Tees that it has LEDs, so I was very pleased to see that in your video. Nice to have a thread to post my experiences with my first micro crawler here. I was surprised by how zippy it seems. I hope it is good at climbing home-made obstacles courses made from pillows and toys and stuff.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RGunn
Thanks for the vid review! Neat little truck.

I was searching for it on ATees based on the name of your post but couldn't find it. Finally, I learned it's 'RGT', not "RTG".
Thanks I updated and corrected that, I just got this the other day and was rushing to do the videos of it and muffed them up a bit.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MongolPete
Great unboxing! I have the same one coming in yellow. It's not clear on Asia Tees that it has LEDs, so I was very pleased to see that in your video. Nice to have a thread to post my experiences with my first micro crawler here. I was surprised by how zippy it seems. I hope it is good at climbing home-made obstacles courses made from pillows and toys and stuff.
posting new video!
Old 12-05-2017, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the running vid!

I really like the looks of the Adventurer. It would appear from your video that the truck is geared way to tall/high for actual crawling. Wonder if there will be any parts out there to lower the gear ratio???
Old 12-05-2017, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the running vid!

I really like the looks of the Adventurer. It would appear from your video that the truck is geared way to tall/high for actual crawling. Wonder if there will be any parts out there to lower the gear ratio???

Your welcome, Yes it needs more power a hop up motor or maybe if they make gears for it to give it more low end power. I seen a guy use 2s on the FTX version that may give it a lot more power but also a lot more speed?
I don't trust using 2S just yet I will wait a while to see what guy's say about running 2S as I don't want to blow things out on it.

I am hoping they will make hop ups I think they will since there are 3 versions of this out now the RGT, ECX, and the FTX .
MongolPete likes this.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

+ YouTube Video
Old 12-05-2017, 01:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

HSP needs to send you some free vehicles being your videos are going to sell every RGT Adventurer they can get off the assembly line!

That's a pretty impressive little truck! If a 1-tooth smaller pinion could be found to fit that motor the truck would 'crawl' better. It would be easy to take a Dremel and oblong the holes for the motor screws so proper mesh could be achieved with a smaller pinion.

Thanks again for the great videos!
MongolPete likes this.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

HSP needs to send you some free vehicles being your videos are going to sell every RGT Adventurer they can get off the assembly line!

That's a pretty impressive little truck! If a 1-tooth smaller pinion could be found to fit that motor the truck would 'crawl' better. It would be easy to take a Dremel and oblong the holes for the motor screws so proper mesh could be achieved with a smaller pinion.

Thanks again for the great videos!
Thanks I know another guy who said he has pinions that fit and he ran a 10T but wants to put a 8T, I know you have to mod the motor mount so the motor can be adjusted but it should be very simple.... Just don't know what pinions he is using so I asked him. I would love to put a 8T and mod it to work.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by reptile
Thanks I know another guy who said he has pinions that fit and he ran a 10T but wants to put a 8T, I know you have to mod the motor mount so the motor can be adjusted but it should be very simple.... Just don't know what pinions he is using so I asked him. I would love to put a 8T and mod it to work.
Do you have calipers to measure the diameter of the motor shaft? That would be the place to start and then all you need is the pitch they are using and you should be able to hunt-up pinions if they are out there.

If it's a 2mm shaft there are quite a few choices.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Do you have calipers to measure the diameter of the motor shaft? That would be the place to start and then all you need is the pitch they are using and you should be able to hunt-up pinions if they are out there.

If it's a 2mm shaft there are quite a few choices.
I found what motors are used in this thing and it looks like a 1.5mm shaft but I did not take mine out yet to make sure I may order a test motor and see if it will work better.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

UPDATE! I ripped this apart and found the motor is adjustable for pinion gear changes but it looks like the motor is up against the gearbox so you may need to do some moding and grinding to put a smaller pinion gear on.