Redcat Everest gen 7 discussion >

Redcat Everest gen 7 discussion

Like Tree4Likes

Redcat Everest gen 7 discussion

Old 06-28-2018, 04:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thumper_pa View Post
I just got one of these buggers myself and I think all in all very cool truck Iíve been using 2cell and 3cell packs and imho for 3cell gotta upgrade the left and right caster knuckles not sure of exact name but part# is 180003S mine came stock with the higher steering hubs so Iíve not yet touched them but I will go alum once it breaks but the aluminum center driveshafts and steel gear set is all Iíve done money wise to make is more 3cell friendly and as $ permits I will do the aluminum rear axle lockers and Iíd like to find some sort of metal aluminum preferred bumpers and a truck body that would fit but stock electronics and tires seem great done a few freebie mods but I like it Iíve not got anything really to compare it to but I hope to build a bomber sometime in the near future but different animal plan on 2speed trans and sensored brushless setup but for now this thing rocks both kids like it as do I so just figured Iíd jump in the mix and Iíll try to get some pics put up and research the thread more in the quest of never leaving anything alone lol
don't quote me but I think any bumper for the scx10 will work I think the frame rails are the same width
Old 06-30-2018, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (96%+)

Originally Posted by freaksofnature View Post
don't quote me but I think any bumper for the scx10 will work I think the frame rails are the same width
thank you for the info Iíll check it out my LHS has tons of axial and Traxxas partsmy only complaint this far is I keep breaking the right side or passenger side front CHUB after looking around a bit I found RCPlanet had 1pr of the aluminum 180003S front CHUBS instock so I snatched there last pair up Iím hoping that the aluminum ones are going to add the durability to this rig as Iíve grown fond of the bugger
Old 06-30-2018, 08:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

thank you for the info Iíll check it out my LHS has tons of axial and Traxxas partsmy only complaint this far is I keep breaking the right side or passenger side front CHUB after looking around a bit I found RCPlanet had 1pr of the aluminum 180003S front CHUBS instock so I snatched there last pair up Iím hoping that the aluminum ones are going to add the durability to this rig as Iíve grown fond of the bugger
ya surprisingly they are durable. I have part of the ap trail at the end of my road and I take my gen7 there all the time and it just goes. I'm thinking of gettn rid of the stock tires in favor of pit bulls
Old 07-30-2018, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Thumbs up REDCAT GEN 7 PRO SPORT LOW CENTER GRAVITY BATTERY TRAY MOD

A awesome mod!
Old 08-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (96%+)
Default Tires

Originally Posted by freaksofnature View Post
ya surprisingly they are durable. I have part of the ap trail at the end of my road and I take my gen7 there all the time and it just goes. I'm thinking of gettn rid of the stock tires in favor of pit bulls
did you get the pit bulls if so which ones and what do you think of them as I to am leaning towards some pit bulls with better foams going to keep rocking the stock wheels cause I really donít think there are any better dual bead lock rims out there without spending $150ish and Iíll never in my life pay $150 for 4 rc car wheels donít get me wrong there are some really bad arse wheels out there but I canít justify the money they want for a set
Old 08-11-2018, 09:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

did you get the pit bulls if so which ones and what do you think of them as I to am leaning towards some pit bulls with better foams going to keep rocking the stock wheels cause I really donít think there are any better dual bead lock rims out there without spending $150ish and Iíll never in my life pay $150 for 4 rc car wheels donít get me wrong there are some really bad arse wheels out there but I canít justify the money they want for a set
no I didn't get them yet. I wanna get the 1.9 rock beasts. I had them on a scx10 I had and they gripped everything like glue wet or dry. I tested them on my old vw jetta windshield in the rain and they didn't give up any traction. For foams I went with ci foams and emailed them with what rig tires and how much it weighed and they recommended which dual stage foams to use
Old 09-30-2018, 10:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

picked up a extremely gently used set of 4 1.9 pit bull rock beast xl from rcc for next to nothing with stock pit bull foams. Gonna try and get out tomorrow to the local trail after the handy dude is done at my apt
Old 10-14-2018, 12:26 PM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

The redcat broke in the middle of summer, well now I'm finally fixing it. I stripped the plastic locker in the diff, so far I think its worth the extra to get the pro version. I have some cross axles from my demon that I'm installing on it.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Reptile, good tip.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anybody know the internal reduction in the Gen 7?