Corally Short Wheel Base

Old 02-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default Corally Short Wheel Base

hi chaps at my club we race a class 'open stock' in this we can race any pro chassis, seems the choice chassis is the corally RDX PHI - the short wheel base. am i right in saying the short wheel base version will be a better choice for this silver can open class racing? i am interested in buying one but i would like to get my facts straight, maybe someone knows something about this version/mod of the rdx phi
Old 07-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sagejyoung View Post
hi chaps at my club we race a class 'open stock' in this we can race any pro chassis, seems the choice chassis is the corally RDX PHI - the short wheel base. am i right in saying the short wheel base version will be a better choice for this silver can open class racing? i am interested in buying one but i would like to get my facts straight, maybe someone knows something about this version/mod of the rdx phi
I first tried the short wheelbase back in 2007 at a Nationals here in the US. It was really good and has turned out to be the ticket on Asphalt racing since then.

The problem is the drive ratio however as it is 2.47 if you use the available Corally items. We put the 36 tooth pulleys on and use the Tamiya white rear belt.

Jeff