Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally F1 NGX Now Available

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Company Representative

Default Corally F1 NGX Now Available

Team Corally introduces the ‘New Generation F1’ with all new features. This car’s design is based on the World Championship winning 12X concept resulting in an easy to work on high performance driving machine. It offers great part availability since most parts on this new F1 are inter-changeable with the 12X.

The New Generation F1 uses the World’s best materials and production methods which includes super tough and strong 3.2mm GRP chassis parts, 7075T6 aluminium motorpod and graphite rear axle. This combines super low weight with high rigidity and durable on-track performance. It comes complete with mounted tires, F-type body and moulded front & rear wing.

Kits have been shipped out to Dealers with backorders already in place. Check out www.StormerHobbies.com or www.SuperiorHobbies.com for availibity.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Company Representative

Old 03-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Might have to get one for fun
Old 03-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

The F1 is wicked fast and easy to dial in! We've had a couple on the track locally and they are a hoot! Open wheeled fun for sure!

Phil
Old 03-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Default open wheel

where do you race open wheel---we are doing a pan class open wheel here in Camarillo at Freedom Park, from tamiya f103's and 201's to scratch built carbon bullets---looks really cool to see the open wheel cars and they are as fast as the 1/12th scale !
Old 05-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

This may seem like a dumb question, but the truth is I know nothing about pan car type stuff. In on road I only have experience with TC's.

What wheel / tires work with this kit?
Old 05-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default F-1 cars!!!!!!!!

We have raced F-1 cars in Carbondale, IL. for several years in the fall when our local university reopens. The Corally appears to use reg 1/10 Pan car tires as does the RC Indy, and our own Alpha car. mrrcguy, come up and join us this fall for our big F-1 Race " The Alpha Cup". It is not scheduled yet, but will be after Cleveland. We will post it on RC Tech. I own a Cabin in Hardy(more correctly part of one after the river came out of the banks!) and it takes about 3 hours to drive from C'cale to there and Jonesboro would had about another 45 Min. I think. Come join us if you can! Andy Wallace
Old 01-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The new Corally F1 is a great car no doubt. But why are they not pushing to sell it anywhere? With the Alpha Cup F1 race in Illinois April of 2009 and the F1 Builders Cup race in the Summer of '09 in N.Georgia one would think they would be going nuts to make sure the cars are being seen at the premier events out there that was made for those cars. Touring is fading. D-drives are coming back and Corally knows D-drives. Time to step up or get left behind by the ones that want those wins. Let's see, MLP has a second place finish and wants the win as does Alpha who has the '08 title. RCIndy would love to take home the Cup to boost sales. Hyperdrive has a win under it's belt and is ready again for this year. Tamiya and Cross almost got it by one point. Even HPI who does not even build a car now took a second. CRC has had a team at each event. It looks like Associated may jump in this year to try for a new championship trophy. There are several more out there just waiting. One builder is putting together new cars just for these events to test the market. Good grief, even NIKKO made a commitment for the first cup race...with a plastic car! Come to think of it a NIKKO came in 3rd at the last State championship race in Atlanta, GA. Time to race...or not.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

this car looks like a good one i have not much to do with f1 but here a few of us are getting them now every one else are using the tamiya f103 how do these cars compare ? these cars look good
Old 01-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Cars like the Corally,MLP,Alpha,RCindy,Hyperdrive, are a more dedicated F1 chassis with more tuning options. The suspensions on these cars are more developed but they all use the standard 1/10th pancar wheels and tires. As a rule we keep them in their own class since out of the box they are better cars and capable of more speed overall than a stock F103. You can setup a 103 and be competitive with them against the higher priced cars but it is harder to stay consistent with them during a season.

All of the Tamiya style car like the F103, Cross, Duratrax and others race in our spec class which works for us. Tamiya sells a lot more F103's than the others combined so most tracks use only the Tamiya which is ok. Better to race than not. Many clubs may have their own rules for local racing then switch back to stock for TCS events. Most just follow TCS rules and they are happy.
Which to buy??? Look at what is going on in your area and start with that. If you decide to open it up to the cars listed here for the speed freaks then have at it!
Old 01-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for that , i would prefer to race the corally as i raced the rdx and rdx phi for a while befor exiting the touring car seen... since then new track and class has opened and f1 is the new class ... our rules here are not that strict you can use either foam or rubber tyres can you get rubber tyres for this car ? the only rule is its a 19 turn class i will defently get a corally parts easie to get in australia with a corally
Old 01-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

The only rubber tires I know of are the capped tires made for concrete oval racing. I was told that the reds will work on an asphalt roadcourse if it's very hot outside but I've never seen them used. Everyone uses foams. I have the older Corally F1 and some of the 1/12th cars and they work great for me. But, I'm sponsored by another F1 company so the Corally F1 is shelved for now.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

what set up is been used on the f1 is it pretty close to kit ? the track we race on here is a old 1/8 nitro track large open flowing corners fast track for 1/10 scale cars .....

using lipos in the cars ?
Old 01-27-2009, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

what gearing would yo recomend starting off with ? 19 turn or 10.5 brushless not sure which way to yet the track is quiet big and flowing 1/8 track ...
Old 02-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
what gearing would yo recomend starting off with ? 19 turn or 10.5 brushless not sure which way to yet the track is quiet big and flowing 1/8 track ...
For the 10.5 on an open track, try an 88 or 100 64 pitch spur. Try pinions from 35 to 40. I would guess with a long wide open track, you'd be good with a 100/35 to start and check temps as the pinion size increases. Our track is very tight and my motor pod is compact. I'm going to try an 88/30. Go down about 4 teeth on the spur for the brushed motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.