Corally Assassin T/C

Old 04-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

s14, i just ran my car for the first time, (outdoors only).

Incredibly easy to drive, very predictable.
I tried it with a spool and diff up front, results were similar.
I could use good tires, bad tires didn't effect the car at all.

Only problem was that it was sluggish coming out of sharp turns, and lacked top speed. Motor probably had a bit to do with the top speed problem.
It's obviously DD, and i was using a 23 tooth 64p pinion. Local guys that know motors told me i'm running the motor too hot, and burning them up. So i'm going to try a 22t.

It's set up exactly how you emailed me, except i used a soft spring for outdoors, think i should stiffen it up?
Car didn't give that being on the ragged edge feeling like it did last year, but it was way easier to drive to.

My laps were nearly the same throughout the day(about a total of 100 laps for the day) 15.8-16.2 was my norm, and it takes about 15.2-15.4 to be in with the best guys.

Think i should give the oneway a shot? I realize half way through the day, i didn't even have the brake set at all, so i figure spinouts shouldn't be an issue.

thanks,
Joe
Old 04-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default set up

xp
thats great that you are doing great with the car. if you need speed use a smaller pinion pehaps 19 or 20 if using an epic or monster. use the spool as you can go in the corner faster and brake later. i my self use the one way it seems to suit me better.

now as for springs choose from the black set from corally or if using assoc. use blue or reds can't seeem to remember just yet. as for quicker time you seem to be there. are your batteries tired?i don't know. my assassin is still insane fast in stock and is still the lone wolf in the pack. oh i know how fast does the car transiton? the car right now with out me seeing it should be balanced perfect and should rip. just keep practicing and will be fine. where in jersey do you run? trinity track near the pa boarder? if you do say hi to strasnik if he is there
Old 04-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Batteries could be tired, same as the motor i was using.
When you ask about transitioning, what exacting do you mean? (not up on my technical words).

I live in Jackson and we have a track here, alot of trinity guys use the track, today Joel Johnson was doing some test and tuning for a RC car action issue.
We built the club/track together on a low budget and now it's growing pretty fast.
http://www.jacksonrcracing.com/images/night5_l.jpg
Track is now sealed with some special racing stuff, so it's sticky after being in the sun.
As i said about the spool, i don't really brake very often, so i'm not sure the spool with help, it's a fast wide open track.
The only way i can describe how the car felt was as if it was bogging down after a tight corner.
I keep a low rc budget, so maybe i'll buy a new battery each week. And tommorrow i'll pick up a 22, 21, 20 pinions.

Thanks again,
Joe
Old 04-20-2005, 04:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

WOW that track looks awsome. a one way should help alot it seems you rarely use brakes there.as for the transition thing i meant left to right. now as for the bogging try tightening the rear diff more than the front not much more . i think your spiining the rear more than the front due to the motor configuration. also try those pinions smaller usually helps with out of corner punch
tim
Old 04-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the compliment on the track. Everybody pitches in, and it's been done with almost no payed labor. Club is the way to go, because we know owning a track is not lucritive to feed a family.
We have a sweet drivers stand we built, about 10 feet tall, and an inside of it there is a couple hundred square feet for storage, food sales, and race directing. Track even looks much better sealed with the curbing repainted.

Think i was buring up motors because i have the pinion too high? And you make a good point, i have the rear diff very very loose.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Tim, i figured out why the damn thing was so sluggish, when i got a new radio i never reset the radio or the speed control so it wasn't going full throttle, duh.

Setup was still good and easy to drive. But a few of the pro's noted that i'm dragging my front wheel through the turns (inside to the turn itself).

I guess i'll take some steering out, considering i have both directions set to the max without hitting the c hub (i got it very very close) which they say is way too much.
Any other tips on this?

I can physically see the inside tire dragging.

My best lap was quicker by about .5, what sucks is that everyone else improved to about 14.8.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:36 AM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

just checking out if anyone still runs assassin haven't messed with the car in ages
Old 05-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

koe, mines long gone, sold it for almost 3 times what i payed for it. I had picked up a package deal from a factory driver, and got about $700 in spares and 2 full rollers. Took all the hop ups off the rollers put them back to stock and sold them for $150 each. Then i messsed around for a while with the pro stock chasis. Car was still fast, but still hard to control. I think i sent you an email when i was getting ready to unload it, but you never replied.

Wish i kept all the spares, i'd get an rdx and get back in the hobby, but i'm out completely.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:06 AM
KoE
Tech Master

Dang i must have missed your email and the parts I was browsing xray's site on T2 and remember i have a great car sitting somewhere in the store. Need to dig it out and put a new life back on her
Old 05-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Hmmmm...... Time for a change.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:39 AM
KoE
Tech Master

Originally Posted by edseb View Post
Hmmmm...... Time for a change.

i'm more into the blue and red stars but the shape-shifter is somewhere unique
Old 06-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Suspended

Default Unofficial Launch of Social RC!

Being a Corally guy I had to post the first real announcement here! The team at Social RC (www.socialrc.com) has been working incredibly hard to build an innovative online community for RC Car Racing. Our goal is to elevate the profile of RC Racing worldwide by giving racers, manufacturers and track operators what they have persistently been asking for - effective tools to network, stay in touch, swap stories/tips and learn about the latest trends and events in RC Racing Web 2.0 fashion!

While the site is still in beta mode, I wanted the Corally RDX guys to take a first peak and let us know your preliminary thoughts and feedback. All feedback can be posted to the site. We have partnered with the manufacturers and track operators and plan on spreading the word to the masses next week! Racers ready, marshals ready!

Social RC Admin
www.socialrc.com
Old 09-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Does anyone still run these cars?