Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Assassin T/C

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 02:10 AM
Tom
Tech Regular

They are prototype but it looks like the latest one...
Old 05-26-2003, 02:18 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah I received a prototype twin belt chassis with the mid mount motor (like what Simo ran at LRP Masters) no shocks though.

It arrived wed arvo and I left at the crack of dawn on thurs morning to go to the Vic Titles!

Car was great, easy to work on and carried good corning speed. I cannot wait to do some good practice with it and get it setup well. It was a mad panic to get it all humming for the weekend and I managed a 2nd and 4th to give me third overall.

Drive train is very direct and smooth. CVDs are MIP all the bearing and hubs are minimal (as opposed to the C4.1!)

Amongst other things all the roll centres, toe, antisquat, wheelbase and track are adjustable :-) YUM
Old 05-26-2003, 02:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Cookie
Yeah I received a prototype twin belt chassis with the mid mount motor (like what Simo ran at LRP Masters) no shocks though.

It arrived wed arvo and I left at the crack of dawn on thurs morning to go to the Vic Titles!

Car was great, easy to work on and carried good corning speed. I cannot wait to do some good practice with it and get it setup well. It was a mad panic to get it all humming for the weekend and I managed a 2nd and 4th to give me third overall.

Drive train is very direct and smooth. CVDs are MIP all the bearing and hubs are minimal (as opposed to the C4.1!)

Amongst other things all the roll centres, toe, antisquat, wheelbase and track are adjustable :-) YUM

what shocks did you run on the car?
Old 05-26-2003, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

The Tamiya ones I had on my C4.1
Old 05-27-2003, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)
Talking

Jeff,

Any latest and greatest news???? I am waiting patiently....
Old 05-27-2003, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Update!!!!!!!

Parts are rolling in fast to complete the production kits. Release in the U.S. will be in a few weeks. The front diff assembly will be available at the release as an option part. (Just for you Ray) There were a few cars sent out last week to Team Austrailia and with the little time they had with the Assassin they did well. Just wait till they get those bad boys dialed in
Old 05-27-2003, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jeff,

I am pumped!!! I cannot wait to get one!! I will get that car dialed on carpet/foam tires!!! Now if I could just wheel like Love-I'd TQ the Champs!!!

Thanks on the diffs!!! I am the MAN!!!

Ray
Old 05-27-2003, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

Jeff

I see the car Cookie is running has a prototype mid engine chassis. How far behind the initial release of the kit will the optional lower chassis plate to run this configuration be?? ( you mentioned this option in your post on 5th Feb.)

Cheers
Peter
Old 05-27-2003, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

The Mid motor set-up is still in testing. Cookie is one of the lucky ones to be testing it. Once all of the work is done it will be released when all goes well. It looks good soo far!!
Old 05-27-2003, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Jeff,

Awesome! Thanks for the update bubba. I finally came out to CORCAR and NO JANTLE there???????????

Ray Ray,

Wheel like Love Cracking me up. You are just fine at the wheel. GET ME A DIFF WITH THE CAR..................... CD and I are going to lay the meat to that ride when I get it. It will be swizeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Thanks my bruthaz!
RB
Old 05-28-2003, 02:29 AM
Tom
Tech Regular

You guys should have seen Ari's car hooked up with the 9 turn and the single belt!
Old 05-28-2003, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Jeff,

I have one concern bubba! Obviously I have only seen pics... Talking direct drive here too. With the motor in the car there does not look to be much room between the endbell and the tire. The pics I see are with 24mm rubber tires. Will 26mm and 28mm foam tires fit with 2 or even 3 degrees of rear toe? Seems that the more rear toe that is run the closer it will make them.

Just a thought and I may me totally out in left field on this one. The pics I see make them look extremely close.

Take care,
RB Love
Old 05-29-2003, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

Here are a few pics of the prototype Assassin twin belt that Corally sent to me for the Vic Titles last weekend.
Sorry about the quantity but they are quite small file size!!!!

YUM

Last edited by Cookie; 06-03-2003 at 03:33 AM.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:03 AM
Tech Adept

what are your thoughts on the car so far cookie?

the pics of the car look awsome aswell.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Hi Cookie, greetings from Malta.

I see you are using Corally motors and cells now too!

We've been using them a while.

I spoke to Constant yesterday and told him to book an Assasin out for me.

On a different tack, with 2 rounds of our National championship still left to run my son Josh has already secured the modified class - for the sixth year, and I have just assured myself of the stock class, making a good double for JOHN BULL RACING.

Incidentally Josh runs a TC3 and I run Yokes - used my new SD first time last Sunday and won. We both use Novak electrics, KO transmitters and servos, and Corally motors and cells exclusively.

And because we use such good equipment, we both have the fastest cars in our respective classes.

How's that for publicising our sponsors!

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.