Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Assassin T/C

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jeff,

I just e-mailed Rob Michael and had him put me on the pre-order list for Three kits!!!

but I do have one question. At the 2002 Champs Warm-up, the new Corally sedans (unnamed at that time) was loud!!! Do you know if they have quieted down the direct drive car yet?

Thanks,
Ray
p.s. _if you could put a little pressure on them to produce Diff kits at time of release-that would be awesome!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ray,

I believe that the noise that you are talking about came from the 48 pitch gears that they had to use on the proto. There will be 64 pitch gears available that will quiet it down. As for the front diffs, I will see what we can do.

I thought that you liked R/C cars with an audible tach
Just one more thing for you to evaluate. LOL

Thanks for the order!!!!!

Last edited by JANTLE; 05-15-2003 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

Well the deal is done! No xray,yokomo,etc.Placed the order at the local hobbyshop in brisbane(australia)
New radio,novak brushless just waiting on the kit.
Any clue's if the engineer's have done any testing on concrete?
Any special tools required for the build?

Thanks in advance

Terry
Old 05-19-2003, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Cole Trickle,

Doesn't make sense. If the rear pulley is moving the front is as well, therefore not reacting like a 2 wheel because all four wheels are receiving power at once..... Hmmmmmmmmm. Got me thinking on that one... I just cannot see how it would be reacting like a 2 wheel and causing the rear end to step out. All of the 2 wheel pan cars I have seen on carpet are stuck like a duck. Carpet/foams = the only way to go~

Ray/Jeff,
Cracking me up on the proto car at Cleveland. Sounded like a damn chainsaw The new ride looks so freaking killer and I cannot wait to get one.......................................
Old 05-19-2003, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Jeff,

2 belt system! What is the internal ratio?

Thanks bubba!

Maybe I will see you at CORCAR one of these days I never get to freaking race ~
Old 05-19-2003, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RBLove
Cole Trickle,

Doesn't make sense. If the rear pulley is moving the front is as well, therefore not reacting like a 2 wheel because all four wheels are receiving power at once..... Hmmmmmmmmm. Got me thinking on that one... I just cannot see how it would be reacting like a 2 wheel and causing the rear end to step out. All of the 2 wheel pan cars I have seen on carpet are stuck like a duck. Carpet/foams = the only way to go~
I didnt say the Assasin would act like a rear wheeler ALL the time, only for a very very short time, when throttle is applied.

All the hype about shaft cars, is because a shaft car feels so direct. In a belt car, there's some "delay" to throttle input, because the belts have to tension up, before power is applied to the wheels. A shaft car is the opposite, since there's no component that need to tension up.

Now, the Assasin (with direct drive) is a kind of combination, because the rear wheels has no belt, but the front wheels do have. So there's a small (probably very, very small) delay from the time where power is applied to the rear wheels and the power reach the front wheels.

It's not everybody that runs foams on carpet. Around here, only rubber is allowed on carpet. But that's not the main reason.

With a full time rear wheeler, you setup the car so the rear dont slide. You do the same with a 4WD. But if that four wheel drive car is turned into a rear wheeler WITHOUT changing the setup, you can count on a rear end slide !

Please have in mind, that I've never tried an Assasin, so it's purely imaination, that this might be a problem in the real world.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:41 AM
Tech Elite

Cole Trickle,

I got ya. I guess we will all find out soon enough.

When running an X-Ray EVO2 I do not notice any hesitation in belt response. Most of the X-Ray's around here are actually carrying more corner speed and accelerating harder out of corners than the TC3's... Crazy....

Can't wait to see this Assassin..
Old 05-19-2003, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

One more thing. All the hype on shaft cars is WAAAAAAAAAY over rated. The EVO3 and Yok SD have basically failed around our neck of the woods. Throttle response just isn't there.....

The TC3 seems to be the only dominant shaft car. At least around here on carpet with foams... Rubber tires is an entire new ballgame....
Old 05-19-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Rob,

Yup-the only shaft drive car that has an "advantage" because its a shaft drive car is the AE TC3. My Tamiya evo3 was whisper quiet, but a dog in acceleration. As its sounds the Yok is too.

I the last three Mains I have been in-no TC3 have passed me on the start tone and in fact-I have caught the Tc3 in front of me-so I know my belt car is no slouch off the lline (Though it looks like it for some reason).

Ray
Old 05-20-2003, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

REEDY RACE COMING UP: Mike and Rob will be at the race. Mike will be running a proto-type car and Rob will be running a nearly production car. The car looks awsome and should be out in a few weeks. The new issue of Xtreme has some pics of the show car from the RCX.

Old 05-20-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Good luck to Rob Michael and Michael Bruce!!
Old 05-25-2003, 04:44 AM
Tom
Tech Regular

Default Assassin At My Track!

WOW,

turned up to my local track yesterday, said hello to my mates, didn't set-up because it looked like it would rain, ran a practice battery in the car on a slightly damp track, walked back over to my mates table(i haddent setup yet),

whats the point of this???

well i looked walked over to my local Corally importer to see if there was any more info on the car...

What do you think was sitting on the table?

Yep, 1 new Assassin!

WOW they look very nice in the flesh
He had an orion 9 turn bolted into the direct drive (1 belt) system
Well he built it the night before (this was the Venom Challenge, not a normal clubie) and had put 1 battery through it when i first saw it.

What realy stod out was the rear hubs and the motor mount, the level of extremly fine work on these was awsome.

I watched it run its second pack in practice and it was a little lose in the rear, but dam it was fast! Another thing it was nice and quiet, none of this chain saw noise i had heard from other people
and it was running 48 pitch gears.

After some setup changes the car looked better in the first qualifier and won the heat. No other car got with in half a second.

More changes(mainly gearing) for the second Qualifier.

3rd and final qualifier the car looked awsome! Looked so easy to drive, super fast on the straight (a little faster then cars running 8 turn). It still lacked a little punch out of slow corners, but this was due to gearing, and it was not slower then anyone eles.

One thing though, you have to back off a little early comming off the straight. This is because the drive line was so free it just kept rolling

The car looked tops and was TQ and also had the fastest Lap, not bad for a car that had only 5 packs runtime and was built the night before.

I left the meet at this stage (i never ented cause i thought it would rain ) and from what i heared it was rained out
Old 05-25-2003, 04:54 AM
Tech Champion

I also believe Cookie gained 3rd place with his new Assassin in Touring Car Modified at the Victorian State Titles, here in Australia, today!

well done Cookie!, i'm sure Cookie will post here with his thoughts on the car.
Old 05-25-2003, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

black-knight were u and cookie running the production car or the prototype? and do u know more on a aus release date?
Old 05-25-2003, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by syntex1
black-knight were u and cookie running the production car or the prototype? and do u know more on a aus release date?
Cookie and Ari Bakla have 1 Assassin each, Cookie's is a twin belt, Ari's is a single belt version. I'm usnsure if the kits are full production kits.

We will have to be patient...

I'll get some pics of Ari's car later today...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.