Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Assassin T/C

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have posted the phone number for Ultra Hobbies on an earlier post. They do nto have anything on their site yet but here is the URL.. www.rccaronline.com

You might also be able to get them off of the web at Stormer Hobbies. www.stormerhobbies.com

You will also be able to get them from Superior Hobbies for sure. Notheing on the site yet as well. They will take pre-orders as well. www.superiorhobbies.com

Others will pop up when the car is released in the states!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2003, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

progress....

shocks are TRF flourine coated, each shock has be set at 63mm with 2 x 3mm black o-rings on top of the bladder.

Corally reckon 10 days and they will be shipping kits ...
Old 07-04-2003, 08:15 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I haven't been to the Corally thread in a while! Forgot how sweet looking the Assassin was. Really nice looking racing machine.

Wow...I can't believe they haven't hit the market already! I know I'm not the only person Corally lost in the wait for this car. It looks like its worth it though.

So what's the street prices looking like on the different kits? What are they, a regular and pro model?

NMRCDude: stay calm! One thing you learn when you own or are looking to own a Corally, is that your not going to see it listed too many places online. Most shops that carry Corally don't have websites, and the one's that do, like SuperiorHobbies for example, update their sites at the rate of ohhh......say....once or twice a year!

Your best bet is to talk to your local shop, and if they can't/won't bring it in, or the cost is too high, then call the shops that you do know carry Corally stuff.

Cause honestly, if you try waiting to see a Corally TC proudly posted on someone's site like a Losi or Associated car, you'll be waitin' a while.

When looking to buy Corally, the phone is your best friend, not the keyboard!
Old 07-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkseid
I haven't been to the Corally thread in a while! Forgot how sweet looking the Assassin was. Really nice looking racing machine.

Wow...I can't believe they haven't hit the market already! I know I'm not the only person Corally lost in the wait for this car. It looks like its worth it though.

So what's the street prices looking like on the different kits? What are they, a regular and pro model?

NMRCDude: stay calm! One thing you learn when you own or are looking to own a Corally, is that your not going to see it listed too many places online. Most shops that carry Corally don't have websites, and the one's that do, like SuperiorHobbies for example, update their sites at the rate of ohhh......say....once or twice a year!

Your best bet is to talk to your local shop, and if they can't/won't bring it in, or the cost is too high, then call the shops that you do know carry Corally stuff.

Cause honestly, if you try waiting to see a Corally TC proudly posted on someone's site like a Losi or Associated car, you'll be waitin' a while.

When looking to buy Corally, the phone is your best friend, not the keyboard!
ther is only one version of the Assassin at the moment, it's called the "Master Edition".

My appreciation of the time and effort the guys at Corally have put into this has grown since building my kit, the kit just falls together and the end result is a very tech looking racing machine! 1 tidy piece of work!. And again i mention that the diffs and drive train are very very smooth and free.

Official options i have got for the car include:

- front c-hubs 2 deg
- front c-hubs 4 deg (0 deg included with kit, 6 deg also avail)
- Belt tensioner
- Mid motor conversion kit. (not needed i just want to try it)

Kit also includes a front 1.9mm anti-roll bar, which i have fitted to the car yet. (1.3mm front basr and 1.9/1.3mm rear bars are available as options)

In Australia Corally kits are support by many shops and are quite popular at the race track, from feedback ive got the Assassin will be more popular than the C4.1 with out a problem.

-paul

Last edited by black-knight; 07-04-2003 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:00 PM
Pat
Tech Apprentice

Hi Paul ,

Which roll bars dos it come with ? Front 1.9 mm and 1.3 mm ?

I can't wait ! After driving Brett's Assassin I am soooo excited , this car is going to be amazing !

Kind Regards
Pat.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Man, I know I loved that C4.1 of mine. Its one of the few cars that I regret selling.

Thats why I've given thought to adding the Assassin to my stable to go along with my Yok SD. I loved my Corally kit. Just couldn't wait for the Assassin to get out. Maybe once its in full distributiion, I'll pick one up.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Pat
Hi Paul ,

Which roll bars dos it come with ? Front 1.9 mm and 1.3 mm ?

I can't wait ! After driving Brett's Assassin I am soooo excited , this car is going to be amazing !

Kind Regards
Pat.
Kit comes with a 1.9mm front bar only.
Old 07-04-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkseid
Man, I know I loved that C4.1 of mine. Its one of the few cars that I regret selling.

Thats why I've given thought to adding the Assassin to my stable to go along with my Yok SD. I loved my Corally kit. Just couldn't wait for the Assassin to get out. Maybe once its in full distributiion, I'll pick one up.
Well you won't have to wait much longer, so prepare to shelve the Yok!
Old 07-06-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Very pretty knight, but how will it stack up this weekend at MECA on foam???? lol
Old 07-06-2003, 10:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
Very pretty knight, but how will it stack up this weekend at MECA on foam???? lol
i assume it will slightly faster on foam than on rubber and slightly faster than YOU! I might edge you out into the b final! (top 8 for A Main at MECA)

(i plan to use Corally foam too mmm)
Old 07-06-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Champion

lol try it pansy boy,

isnt corally foam just rebadged UFRA, and UFRA is just another brand of GRP anyway.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
lol try it pansy boy,

isnt corally foam just rebadged UFRA, and UFRA is just another brand of GRP anyway.
Steady....you might make it on to the Assassin's hit list

is foam, is good.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:30 AM
Tom
Tech Regular

The Ratio chart is now up on Cookie's website.

Click here
Old 07-07-2003, 03:29 PM
TGR
Tech Initiate

Default Sorex tyres

Hi Guys

Have noticed that Cookie and others in Oz use Sorex 28r's.

A couple of guys over here have just started to use them too and they sure seem to work well. So I've just got some but not yet glued them up. Got some HPI red (medium soft) inserts to go with them but now that I've mounted them (not yet glued as I said) they seem too hard.

What inserts do you guys use? We can't use traction compound over here so that may make a difference.

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Cheers!

Old 07-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Use the Sorex C medium
:-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.